What's new

ECU Resetting Itself

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
For a little while now I have noticed that my trip seems to randomly reset itself every so often.

Ive never seen it zero itself while Ive been driving, but when I come back to the car I notice it every so often that its back to zero.

I can only assume that the ECU is resetting for some reason?

Anyone else had this or got any ideas what might be causing this?

The odo stays the same, its just the trip thats zeros.

Thanks,

Darren

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The trip meter isn't connected to the ECU. Its more likely that power is being cut to the combination meter. This causes the trip to reset. What about the clock?

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
The trip meter isn't connected to the ECU. Its more likely that power is being cut to the combination meter. This causes the trip to reset. What about the clock?
Yeah the clock apprears to reset at the same time as the trip.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Sounds like a loose and dodgy connection. Not sure which connector supplies the power. Remove one at a time and see which one kills the clock. Then check all the wire on it.

P

Pazz

I also had this problem Darren on my S15 (clock + tripo resetting). Freaked me out for a few hours then I went fuse hopping.

And by using this http://download.s15oc.com/s15_fuse_diagrams.pdf I found a missing/blown fuse in the footwell compartment at the terminal ELECTRONIC PARTS (black background). Upon opening the compartment it will be the far bottom left fuse.

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Thanks guys, I did have a horrible thought that it could be something more serious, but Im glad it could be as simple as a fuse and its not part of the ECU.

Ill hopefully get a chance to look into it at the weekend.

:)