What's new

H.I.D. Problem

J

juice_s15

Hi

I fitted my H.I.D kit on sunday, once fitted the passenger side was working fine however the drivers side worked for about 10 seconds, flickered a little bit then switched off. I tried it a couple of times with the same reaction

I phoned up auto bulbs direct who kindly sent out another ballast and bulb, when i fitted this the drivers side didnt come on at all, a bit baffled i swapped over the kits and passenger side was working fine and drivers side not switching on....so pin pointing the problem down to wiring or fuses/realy really

anybody else have this problem when fitting the kits?

I have also bought some cheapy h1 bulbs to check whether the lights would work with that to which the passenger side was fine, but again the drivers side did not switch on

Now im annoyed as ive only got one headlight working at the mo and cant drive the car in the evening and need to get this sorted asap

Ive looked at the fuses for the headlights (blue 15 amp ones) and they seem to be fine, how do i go about checking the relay?...(I believe this is the big brown sqaure unit in the fuse box tray which is isolated from the rest)..

what's the possibility it could be that and anyone have a part number so i can get it from nissan?

sorry for a newbish post, but urgent help is needed
many thanks

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Have you soldered and shrink wrapped all the connections? Blade connectors are simply not good enough as, in my experience, they consistently do what you described. Get a continuous on/off dodgy connection and it'll kill your bulb(s).

And have you fitted an uprated loom for the kit? The initial charge required to ignite HIDs is enough to find any weaknesses in the existing loom and fry it.

To check the relay, just temporarily swap one of the other brown relays. There are translated diagrams in 'Useful Threads' if you need to know which is what.

J

juice_s15

ok....update

just replaced both 15 amp fuses and it now works, what a relief, i actually thought something could be wrong with the headlamp wiring

cheers