What's new

Swoosh style defi gauges

D

david

Anyone know about these gauges there ment too be very good and the next best thing to defi.
They are worked by the same internal electrics as defi iv heard(not like some defi replica s)!!!:cool:
They have a system where when ignition is turned on the neddle sweeps over and back to check them. and there stepper motor not mechanical.
Any info would be good!:thumbs:

Reaction score
didn't pablo have them in the S15 he just sold???

if they are the same as defi's... kinda.... then they'll rock... i've got Defi's and can't fault them! :)

D

david

Ive heard got reports about them and they are only half the price of defi's. i wonder has anyone else on the site got them fitted??

D

david

Was lookin for defi s at jap fest but they were expensive and they had no controller thingy with them and then i heard about these today so i can have the 3 off them for 180 euro and i think the sandwich plate is 35 euro.
Want to get the voltage/oil pressure/and oil temp.

Reaction score
dont bother with the voltage mate. Oil temp and oil pressure very important! Boost, Fuel pressure, water temp would all be worth more to you then the voltage ;)

D

david

Should have my gauges tomorrow do i remove the insert off the vent and sit the gauges in the outer part with the silver ring on it.
Any help or pictures would be great!
Seen how to remove the vents on the usefull threads section but not much info or pictures on fitting the gauges???

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Should have my gauges tomorrow do i remove the insert off the vent and sit the gauges in the outer part with the silver ring on it.
Any help or pictures would be great!
Seen how to remove the vents on the usefull threads section but not much info or pictures on fitting the gauges???
If they're anything like Defis or Greddy 60mm gauges, you just slide them in.
You could fit the ring on the outside with glue, but you'll have to modify the ring to make it fit.
All becomes clear when you have the parts in your hand :nod:

D

david

There exactly like defi s so ur saying i dont ues the vent at all?
was going to get 3 spare second hand vents cause i taught id have to modify my own and wanted to keep my 3 good ones incase i ever took out the gauges' so if ur saying i dont use the outer part off the vent then i dont need too get 3 spare ones.
Is that rite?

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
There exactly like defi s so ur saying i dont ues the vent at all?
was going to get 3 spare second hand vents cause i taught id have to modify my own and wanted to keep my 3 good ones incase i ever took out the gauges' so if ur saying i dont use the outer part off the vent then i dont need too get 3 spare ones.
Is that rite?
You use the outer part of the vent.
There is a screw on the back holding the inside.
So the outer ring is used.
Not the bit that can turn inside it. The silver ring is a part of the inner bit.

D

david

One more question should i get the 3 spare one so or car i put my own back together if i ever need to put them back in?
Will i be butchering mine at all to make the vents fit?

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
One more question should i get the 3 spare one so or car i put my own back together if i ever need to put them back in?
Will i be butchering mine at all to make the vents fit?
I had to remove a small mesh in the back of the vent to fit the wiring to the gauge.

But if your gauges doesn't go as deep as my greddy one this might not be needed. You might have to cut the wires and reattach them together depending on how the connectors look in the ends of the wires.

If they're just ordinary wires this doesn't need to be done as you could just feed them through the mesh.

Another thing which might be a problem is the metal clips holding the vent to the dash. They break very easily when you try to get them out of the dash

D

david

Is fitting a sandwich plate awkword the fact that the oil filter is hard to get too?

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Is fitting a sandwich plate awkword the fact that the oil filter is hard to get too?
A bit more awkward compared to changing an oil filter.
There are usually some rubber o-rings on the inside which needs to stay on even though you fit the plate vertically.

I ended up glueing the o-ring on to the sandwhich plate so it wouldn't fall off :wack:

I found it much easier to change filter after the sandwhich plate was on though.

D

david

Cheers yakozan! And nicely that looks well and makes servicing a lot easier but iv a feeling that was awkward too fit or was it/by the way was the relocating kit expensive?

Reaction score
Country
Quick question - Can the Greddy Relocation Kit use standard S14/S15 oil filters ?