What's new

Weak Radio Reception After fitting new Radio

Reaction score
Website
www.littleknocks.co.uk
I've done mine and my brothers Skyline and it works a treat. All I did was took the blue amp remote wire from the back of the headunit, and pluged it into the connecter shown in the picture in the link above.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
To confirm what we are talking about, this is the aerial amp connector and wire:

I've taken a look just now and have confirmed that the white/black aerial amp feed wire leads to the main audio connector

If you have the Micra '00 ISO converter, this white/black wire attaches to the blue antenna wire

So, if you have this converter (as recommended on the forum), the amp will power without any modification. The only reason to wire the amp separately is if you have wired your audio the hard way. ISO converters can be had for £3 off Ebay. Makes your ISO stereo plug and play. :)

Reaction score
Someone needs to edit and sticky this for future S15ers. Hope I helped somewhat, nice headsup Nicely.

Reaction score
Just did it on my deck, plugged the pioneer blue remote wire into the blue wire that comes that is connected to the white/black wire for the antenna. Pretty easy and instant signal.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
This is a really helpful thread..

Once the signal amps powered up is the difference significant? Just bought one of the connectors mentioned by nicely above in hope of better reception!!!

:)

J

jhinchy

tried to fix mine today. Turns out i had the booster already wired! With it disconnected the signal is pathetic. Looks like i will just have to put up with the weak reception.

D

daniel83

When i fitted my new stereo I did´t get any radio. Did´t know why or what. But I never listen to radio. But know I know what to doo with that problem.
Thanks you guys!

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I connected my booster a couple of weeks ago and it makes an impressive difference. Really satisfying too in a geeky kinda way!! :wack:

M

Matt_S

Yeh youre not wrong! The difference is mad!

Like 'getting a signal' and 'WTF!!! NO RADIO!!!'

:wack:

:D

T

TrIcK^

Never easy, I wish people wouldn't just hack away at wiring :wack:

Reaction score
Country
I bought this ISO harness from ebay and plugged it all up and still no radio.
Gutted!

To confirm what we are talking about, this is the aerial amp connector and wire:

I've taken a look just now and have confirmed that the white/black aerial amp feed wire leads to the main audio connector

If you have the Micra '00 ISO converter, this white/black wire attaches to the blue antenna wire

So, if you have this converter (as recommended on the forum), the amp will power without any modification. The only reason to wire the amp separately is if you have wired your audio the hard way. ISO converters can be had for £3 off Ebay. Makes your ISO stereo plug and play. :)

Reaction score
Country
Anyone?

I only got Radio 5 on the M40 last night.
I've used the Autoleads PC2-76-4 Nissan Micra 00> Car Stereo ISO adapter.

Do I need to still wire the blue amp remote wire to the black/white ?

Last edited: