What's new

OEM headlight connectors

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Guys,

Does anyone have a lead on where I can buy OEM connectors that are used for headlights and the side lights? I am looking into the feasibility of doing the HID conversion without cutting wiring (Nicely knows how anal I can be about my car.)

If I can get the right connectors, I may look into providing a modified "cookie" relay conversion kit with a few extra tricks that is straight plugin for S15's. All you would have to do is provide the HID kit and power to the control box and everything else would be plug and play.

Now for this to work, I need both sides of the headlight plugs and the side light plugs with the pins and sockets.

Thanks.

S

sillbeers15

I know what you mean. I do not like the idea of screwing the original stuff on my ride, would prefer plug and play anytime...especially on electrical stuff.

You don need cookies harness and to ship off your headlight connectors unless for some else reason.

Just get the Philips 4th gen HID (comes with 30A fuse and relay that tap the battery directly for supply) and connect the supplied leads (that is like pluging a helagon bulb connectors) into the stock H1 connector.

Check out my post in "Glass headlights, where do they come from? " under general discussion section for details and pics.

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Yeah I saw that. So with that kit you don't need to modify the wiring in any way? Also to the HID's flick off then come back on when you flash the high beams? How much was it and where did you get it from?

S

sillbeers15

It is a 4th generation Philips H1 HID Kit.

It only cost SGD$399.

As for the daytime flashing, it happens to my Nissan Murano (came w. HID) as well. i believe the Nissan engineers have enough experience to know it is alright to allow this to take place.

Also I understand the new generation balast circuit contains a capacitor to bridge and filter undesired reignition processes.

The 1000microfarad 35v capacitor I've installed myself into the circuit should only act as a precaution jesture. I truly believe the new generation HIDs have addressed this issue.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Short flashing of HID bulbs isn't good. It will shorten their lives considerably. Perhaps Nissan's after sales gurus told Nissan's engineers not to worry about this... ;)

Cookie's relay kit overcame this problem by ensuring that the HIDs didn't ignite unless they had a feed from the sidelights as well as the main beam. I.e, they stay on regardless of main or full beam, but won't ignite when doing daytime flashes (because the sidelights aren't on).

Reaction score
Country
meddler, have you check that your low beam doesnt switch off??

Cause mine doesnt

But it's hard to say because my jdm s15 has converted to audm headlights by the workshop for compliance so this maybe the case but I'm 100% sure mine doesnt turn off when the highbeam goes on.

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I will have to check. Something to do for tomorrow