What's new

Indicators Stopped indicating...

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
:annoyed: yup lol hapened twice now my Indicators / Hazards have just refused to work :down: Turned the car off back on, flash lights a bit and bingo working...

Anyone with any ideas!

Reaction score
Country
When the indicators arent working do they work when you turn your lights on ? Sounds like something shorting out to be honest. Do they also stop working after a while when using the car ? and does it make any difference with the engine running or not ?

2OOsxy

silly question - but nothing is causing the hazard switch to jam or stick on ever so slightly ... that can also cause your lights to stop working (strange i know but it did happen to me once!)???
Always good to eliminate the cheap and easy before the expensive and difficult!

Reaction score
I'd be thinking flasher unit, the cicuit breaker sounds like its failing. If it was fuse they wouldn't be working at all. Maybe pull the relay out and put it back in, the contact might have a bit of electrical corosion on it :)

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
lol cool guys, yeah it stopped again for AGGGGES and couldnt get it working, my mate thinks it has something to do with the 'cancel' if you turn the car off for a while, back on and play with the steering .. it 'might' pop back on >__<

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
Ok had a browse through the el.pdf, found the EL-156 but cant actually see the relay needed for the Indicators.. i can see the

"Combination Flasher Unit - m21"

or the

"Combination Meter - m19"

that the one?

EDIT- Found something i 'think'.. when you search that PDF for "SEL122E" is that what i should be looking for ya recons??? lmao wow soo complicated when you look at all that wiring diagrams

Last edited:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Its the combination flasher unit. Its behind the dash directly under the steering column. You undo the screws/bolts for that section of dash and pull it towards you and down for access.

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
I see it in the PDF but bit confudeled went i went to put it into practice.. hmm i'll have to tackle it when i gots more time i think >_<

bugger! Is this something Nissan will fix when it goes for its service next week?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I wouldn't trust Nissan GB to do an oil change, let alone find and sort a problem on a car they don't know. They're bad enough on S14s, and they used to sell them!!

P

Pazz

Top pic is where to find the flasher unit. (Follow the steering column)

Middle pic is a little problem diagnosis. So if it isnt the flasher unit, its a break in the circuit somewhere or bad earth.

Bottom pic is, when removed, how to test the flasher unit. If you dont wanna buy a new one and hope for the best etc (No idea on cost).

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
Thanks for the info ok i think i found the relay uploadin pics now.

I pulled out the plug thing and looked, wires 'seem' fine but i couldnt figure out how to get the actual relay off the metal bracket, didnt wanna snap it :S

I 'presume' the entire black box thing is what i need swapped but does it just pull out towards the back of the car direction?

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com

You can see here the bit i pulled out guessin this was the right box.

Also found a heap of cables/wires/plugs not attached doing anything >_<

Cheers for this guys, not being able to indicate just feels 'odd' lol

P

Pazz

Think you will find the black thing, as in what the conector goes into, is the relay. But that connector doesnt exactly look like a normal connector. Never having done this before I cant really help you too much. Just look around it all very carefully before giving it a yank! lol

I think S15OC needs an online chat room lol

Last edited:

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
Ok cool mate, im going to tackle it tonight at a mates house.. he's a joiner but good with fixing stuff.. or superchargin stuff lol like lexus's ^___^"

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
Right o well 3 hours passed tonight on it >_<

Relay is Fine, Tried another Relay it was fine, Mate changed the fuse.. worked, The original fuse wasnt blown tho.. put dash back together.. they stopped working again, checked fuse nothing blown.. odd >______<

Think it could be the alarm? Got a mechanic to check it out tonight and he thinks its the alarm system that got fitted in the UK (Cobra alarm) He says earth is fine, could be a cable?? Dont wanna start messin about with the alarm tho tbh.