What's new

Indicators Stopped indicating...

P

Pazz

Have you checked the Hazard Switch? Especially if the Alarm is flashing them but not the hazard or L/R stick. I cant exactly tell from the wiring diagrams (not the best at reading them) but the hazard switch is always an overide function.

Either way, didnt you get this from Torque? I'd ring them up and see what they have to say.

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
Yeah i got it from Torque, i think that could be a plan to be honest see whats best :S BUT its a 1400 mile drive if i gotta go down .. eh, screw that! lol.

But the hazards dont work either now >_<

P

Pazz

Dont drive down, get them to just foot the bill for an auto-electrician.

First I wud definetly try another hazard switch and/or check the wiring to it. See if you can borrow sumones.

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
right took it to a mate of a mate yesterday who is like a auto spraky lad, He took the dash apart and checked over everything.. He is pretty confused about it to be honest :S

He has fitted a wire so that when you press the hazard switch then it will turn the lights on but they dont blink, same with the indicator's, when you indicate left for example, all the indicator bulbs on that side go on... odd eh..............

like so confused with it, he asked if i could get ahold of another Hazard switch to check.. however i cant lol

P

Pazz

Nissan part number: 25290-85F01
Description: SWITCH ASSY-HAZARD

Or borrow someone's?

Last edited:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I would change the fuse even though it might seem fine just to be able to rule that out completely.

Could there be other stuff connected to the same harness so the relay doesn't get enough current?

I know that people with Skylines can get strange problems with dash-lighting and indicators when fitting an aftermarket stereo.

I guy I know who used to be an stereo installer couldn't figure it out, but after a while he just earthed the stereo separately and the problem was gone. He couldn't figure out why, but it worked.

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
See post #3 :p
:cool::rotfl::thumbs:

lol

im away to Nissan today, can anyone get me a part number for this before 1pm??? :notworthy: At work so cant check FAST and it will be easier with a Part number, as they were faaaairly confuddled last week when i was in.

Reaction score
Country
Ok i know this thread is donkeys years old but this is a similar problem to what i'm having, I assume the combination flasher unit is just a relay? when i put the hazards on you get the standard clicking noise but its gets faster and faster until there is nothing at all but it doesn't blow the fuse