Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Defi Gauges

  1. #1
    Derek Guest

    Defi Gauges

    I see Nengun Performance have a special on defi gauages at moment. My question is. I know the gauges up to six plug into Defi-Link Control right. What does the control panel plug into too. Is it just a matter of wiring it or will i have to tap into sump etc. They mechanical gauges so i think that means there's no drilling needed. Anybody clear this up for me?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    3,447
    Liked
    0

    Re: Defi Gauges

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek
    I see Nengun Performance have a special on defi gauages at moment. My question is. I know the gauges up to six plug into Defi-Link Control right. What does the control panel plug into too. Is it just a matter of wiring it or will i have to tap into sump etc. They mechanical gauges so i think that means there's no drilling needed. Anybody clear this up for me?
    Yes, they've had them for special price for ages now

    I think all the senders go to the control unit which sends the signal out to the gauges.
    connecting the gauges should be quite easy as they connect as a chain.

    I suppose it's the BF series you're reffering to and they're all electric ones.
    You'll still have to fit the senders in the appropriate places (sandwhich plate or sump or whatever is best) and then connect them to the controller unit.
    I think the controller box connects to power, lighting, ignition and earth. Maybe not the lighting one as I suppose the gauges are lit all the time. Would be hard to see the readings if not

    Don't know what you mean with the drilling part
    Do you mean to get the wires through the firewall? Just use an existing hole
    Nissan GTR -09 Now with Cobb accessport stage 2

  3. #3
    Derek Guest
    Cheers for that, I partly guessed there were on nengun site for ages. My main question were regarding the sensors. Wasn't to sure how to fit them. There isn't a hole lot of work involved something i reckon i'd take on anyway. Here is the link to the website it tells you all about installing them. Very good detail. http://www.defi-shop.co.uk/

    All i know is the V.S.D.2 unit is a mighty job. Projects your speed and Gear etc on Windscreen.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Baulkham Hills, Sydney
    Posts
    276
    Liked
    0

    Re: Defi Gauges

    All the sensors plug directly into the control unit. You also need to hook up power, accessories, lights and earth to the control unit. Then use the daisy chain cable to connect the control unit to the first guage. Then for every other guage you just connect it to the last one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yakozan
    Maybe not the lighting one as I suppose the gauges are lit all the time. Would be hard to see the readings if not
    If you hook up the lighting switch, you can set the dimming properties of the guages so at night they don't blind you, as they can be quite bright.
    www.nscc.com.au

    Keep up to date with Miss R - missronline.blogspot.com

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    3,447
    Liked
    0

    Re: Defi Gauges

    Quote Originally Posted by dcoghlan
    ....If you hook up the lighting switch, you can set the dimming properties of the guages so at night they don't blind you, as they can be quite bright.

    Thats a smart thing
    Is it working with the stock ADM interior light dimmer? Or is it a separate dimmer controll?
    Just wondering if the guys with JDM would have problems with dimming as the JDM S15 doesn't have a interior light dimmer.
    Nissan GTR -09 Now with Cobb accessport stage 2

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Baulkham Hills, Sydney
    Posts
    276
    Liked
    0
    there is no need to hook it up to the dimmer.

    It work on the same wire/premise that the head unit does. When you turn on the headlights, it dimms the defi guages. The amount that the guages get dimmed by is actually controlled by the defi controll unit, and you can set it to whatever you want.
    www.nscc.com.au

    Keep up to date with Miss R - missronline.blogspot.com

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    3,447
    Liked
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dcoghlan
    there is no need to hook it up to the dimmer.

    It work on the same wire/premise that the head unit does. When you turn on the headlights, it dimms the defi guages. The amount that the guages get dimmed by is actually controlled by the defi controll unit, and you can set it to whatever you want.
    OK.
    Now I understand why the stereo dimmed when switching the headlights on. Thought my generator or battery could be on it's last legs
    Nissan GTR -09 Now with Cobb accessport stage 2

  8. #8
    khoala Guest
    also if you don't hook the light wire up...your control unit doesn't light up at night.

    i hooked up all my guages into my car (oil temp, oil pressure, water temp and boost) fairly simple
    only hard thing is to find the best way through that darn firewall!
    hooking up the sensors...best to get the adaptors.
    GReddy water tem adaptor is only 40 bucks and you splice your top radiator hose and put the unit in between.
    GReddy oil filter sandwich plate, remove your oil fileter, put the plate in and the oil filter over the top., plus up the oil pressure and oil temp sensors (preferably before you install th plate)
    and don't forget to use some plumbers tape just incase it isn't as tight as it should be

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    3,447
    Liked
    0
    Which hole in the firewall is the best one ot use?
    Which have you used?
    Nissan GTR -09 Now with Cobb accessport stage 2

  10. #10
    S15R Guest
    i use the one near to the gas pedal

Similar Threads

  1. Defi Gauges - now available!
    By Knight-Racer in forum Traders: Products and Offers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-09-2008, 12:15
  2. Swoosh style defi gauges
    By david in forum Electrical & Audio
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 29-06-2008, 19:55
  3. defi gauges an controll unit?
    By s15andy.s in forum General S15 Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 28-06-2008, 11:39
  4. Defi gauges
    By david in forum Electrical & Audio
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 14-05-2008, 00:37
  5. FS: 60mm Defi gauges oil temp and pressure Greddy Sandwich plate
    By sushiming in forum Car Parts for Sale
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 20-02-2008, 04:35

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •