What's new

HKS 5th Generation EVC Boost Controller

S

sillbeers15

I've found this translated about the HKS 5th Generation EVC Boost Controller with optional Power Writer software setting (5x5map on boost compensation) interesting in the translated article <http://www.jdm-option.com/pr_HKS/EVCimp/nex.php>

(use <http://babelfish.altavista.com/> for Japanese language to English translation).

The EVC can,

1. Stabalise boost at high speed high load situation.

2. Set incremental boost @ stated engine speed (rpm) and throttle opening %

3. Counter wheelspin (caused boost spike) at specific engine speed (rpm) vs engine load matrix.

I'm especially interested in item 3....so I will explore the benefits of the optional power writer software and tune up.....plus scramble boost setup.

I'll report after I get it done.

Reaction score
I installed mine last night... havnt had a chance to muck about with it yet though!

S

sillbeers15

The powerwriter software needs to be purchased seperately to carry out those advance functions of the EVC.

Reaction score
Any one fitted this yet???
It has got to be the best electric boost controller ive ever installed!!! Worth ever penny!

Reaction score
i've got one, but not plumbed in yet cause the actuator holds .9bar, so not needed.

it's all wired and there ready :)

S

sillbeers15

I have yet to explore its full potential.

If my understand it correctly based on HKS's explaination, I can fix a scramble boost button on my steering wheel to squeeze a short burst of extra boost when I require.
I can also lower boost at the point where my engine speed (rpm) exceeds road speed by matrix like fuel map and ignition map to eliminate wheel spin so as to gain traction.....if correctly applied, it should make a turbocharged vehicle much more drivable arround bends where a sudden surge of boost can unstabalize traction in a corner.

S

sillbeers15

Topper,

Sounds almost like a traction control device
It is indeed as the SR20DET's 2 liter NA cannot have enough power to kick the ass or rather cause slip on the driver wheels (exclude on icy surface). It is only on boost that havoc is created.

So if there is a way to lower boost upon detecting slipping wheel ie at the point that engine speed (rev) climbs without road speed climbing ....Wa,la..a traction device is born!