What's new

instrument cluster lights

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Guys,

This is a bit of an odd question, has anyone got a picture of their instrument cluster with all the indicator lights lit up? I would like to see what light is where. Specifically the fog light indicator and also what are spare holes (ones that don't do anything). Due to mine being an ADM, there is no mention of the fog lights at all and I don't think the cluster even has the right lens.

Thanks guys.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The only two which you'll have spare are the HICAS and fog warning lights. Certainly the JDMs don't have the front fogs on that warning light. Both have electrical contacts for the bulb holders. I can only assume that the light was for rear fogs. This is particularly annoying for us in the UK as we HAVE to have a fog light, but usually have a crappy switch with a tiny indicator light on it which you can't see when driving! One of my jobs to do is to run a live feed from the fog switch to the cluster light.

Bizzarely, nearly all Euro cars have no dash warning light for fogs!! You guys in warmer countries really don't know the intense irritation you're missing having to sit in front or behind complete twats driving round with front and rear fogs on in crystal clear conditions!

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
yep. I am going to run a feed to the cluster, I just needed to know which light it is. I suppose I will have to find out the hard way.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
You'll have to take the cluster out to do it anyway. Once its out, just hold it up to the light and you'll see which it is :) There's a guide to remove the cluster on my site.

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Yeah, I have already seen that, thanks