What's new

ABS Light On

Reaction score
Have just finished work,got in my car and the ABS light is now staying on,has anyone had this problem and any ideas as to the cure?
The rear pads are very low not sure about the fronts though will the low pad sensor light this up or is that a seperate warning lamp.Actually does anyone know all the faults that light the ABS lamp permenantly,this info would be very helpful to us all.:)

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
My ABS light came on accasionally before. Restarting the car would solve the problem for a short while.

I cleaned my ABS senders and the problem is now gone :)

subzero

Reaction score
same here ... when mine came from japland . the abs light is permenantly on ...check the fuse but seems ok ... checked for loose wires round the brakes ....nothing unusual .... hmmm

Reaction score
alcohol spray does the trick, evaporates nice and quickly after cleaning literally every thing off it! :) including grease and grime!

B

baynz

i had this about a week ago, jumped in my car from cold, drove down the road about a mile and it flickered a few times, then nothing then flickered a few times then its been clear ever since, checked the brakes etc, and i cant see anything wrong.

J

JDM JUNKIE

The ABS light can also mean you are low on brake fluid. This will cause the light to flicker when you are near the limit and stay on when you are below. Check your brake reservoir.

T

tripleJs15

I'm good on brake fluid, can the diagnotic tool tell whats the problem ?

I'm also in the process of changing out ECU's and going to the Tomei Reytec so I'm not sure how that will affect the warnign light if any at all.

Reaction score
Brake pads need changing?!

Otherwise black electrical tape solved my airbag problem!!

Reaction score
It seems you need the consult II thing to check the exact fault if none of the suggestions work...

T

tripleJs15

Pads are new EBC green stuff, dont want to cover it up, may need to get the dealer to consult it for me.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Buy your own consult cable. That way you can keep an eye on things in the future. This is the one I have. http://www.blazt.biz/