What's new

JDM Sat Nav and TV

D

Dawgg

Just wondering what I am up against if i have plans for the JDM sat-nav when my car arrives?

A bit of searching shows that a UK conversion of the satnav can cost up to ?1800 which is a bit high for what it is IMO. So what I need to know is:

- Are there addition video inputs/outputs in the JDM unit?
- Will a Nissan CD/DVD upgrade at least give uk maps?
- Is the unit dead without the JDM head unit?
- is it possibly to have the screen mechanism operated by switch?

If someone can help on any of these queries I'll know if i have a nice ornament or something useful :p

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I've heard that the JDM Sat Nav cant be altered to work with Uk maps.

I'd take it all out and get an aftermarket, UK one. Are we talking about the Sat Nav integrated into the dash? If so, maybe this isnt the best idea.

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
Iv been looking into this.

IIRC it isnt possible to run the JDM Sat nav built in unit WITHOUT the JDM Headunit for it as its a mechanical function built in.

You can indeed get the UK Nissan CD which isnt too expensive from the 350z iirc, but using this it will run relativly slow from what iv read, and i dont think there are additional in/out puts on the OEM unit

D

Dawgg

Hmmm, sounds like i will have an ornament.

I think plan B goes along the lines of getting a PSP with go!explore...

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
you could always put in a carpc. Perfect mounting for a 7" LCD touchscreen

D

Dawgg

I am guessing that i keep the mechanism if it can be switch operated. The idea of a carPC is quite interesting but the cost in the uk seems high at ?2k+ but the main componants cost about $500 from Australia so i can sense a project there :D.

What part of Scotland are you from Mint? My car arrives on Tuesday, then a quick MoT, taxing and reg'ing and i'll be very happy:).

D

D&G-DK

I hav this some problem lads havnt a clue what to do wiyh the standerd unit and screen? thinkin bout learning japanese instead!haha