What's new

Carbon Surround..

Reaction score
Country
Dude,

The one in taniguchi's ride is FAR superior from topstage's carbon surround. From a glance they look the same but take a note on topstage's design on the 3 holes. On taniguchi's ride, the carbon actually concave in filling up the gap between the stock stereo surround and the cf surround. Topstage does not have this and when look from the side, you can actually see the stock surround at the back. I've seen it in person and it looks weird so to speak. And topstage reuses the silver surround while taniguchi's one does not.

Reaction score
Top stage one looks cheap, very fake as well, wouldnt recommend it.

It was made by a small garage in Japan as a one off, I got the same one on my car but is the dry carbon look rather than wet. (looks more like real carbon fibre)

Last edited:
Reaction score
right.. anyone got pics to compare?

So if the Top Stage one looks cheap and dry im guessing thats not the top stage one up there?
Sorry I meant the one in the picture you posted is the one off and it looks like wet carbon. I will post up the one in my car when I get a chance for you to compare

Reaction score
Country
Nope the topstage one doesnt cover completely on the 3 holes. The one that JP825 one does.

JP825,

Do you know who does it and how much??

mint,

They are usually clip over the original one. Dont think there's anyone doing a replacement for OEM part because making one with all the clips aligning will be pretty difficult and expensive as well.

Reaction score
Mine is not the topstage one, like I said before the top stage one looks cheap and not original. I did consider the top stage one before but decided against it after looking at the pictures.

The one I got is a replacement for OEM so not clip on top, so it looks more original.

Last edited:
Reaction score
My friend in Japan who has a S15 as well sourced it for me, you will see his car in the New hyper rev magazine due in Oct/Nov. It looks really great I love it.

Reaction score
The problem is that it is not cheap, because is a complete replacement. I think they uses the original panel and lots of man working hours. It is very detail and not just a carbon sticker over it.

I think it costed me around ?150 but I think is well worth it as it made the interior looks so much better.