What's new

How to remove OEM boost gauge and fit Defi gauge in....

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Firsly how the standard Oem gauge sits and looks
I know most of u know that but have to say it dont I :D

Get a flat beded screwdriver either on the side or bottom gently push it in and remove the front face or the plastic which holds the Oem Gauge in..

There one bolt which needs to be undone to get the A pillar off either use a cross headed screw driver or a 10mm

The either use a flat ended screw driver and slowly insert to the side of the pillar and pull gently from the top to remove the a pillar
There are 3 clips which hold it in show in the photo dont use too much force they will just pop out

once i have got that off there are two screws which need to come off before u take the oem gauge out u can use a cross headed screwdriver the unclip the gauge

once thats done u need to cut away the inside off the face which holds the gauge in to let the gauge fit flush i used a small chisel

once that is done need to T in the pipe to here a pic of how i did it as ive got a controller aswell so just cut the pipe a bit then used the T piece and split it into two again...

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
then need to feed the wire into the dash which was pretty easy used the same place as my other wires did needs tidying up tho

Then just fit everything back together as it was being carefull not to brake anything while doing it and there u go Oem out Defi in

Reaction score
Country
Good write up! Wish I had these when I took out mine

Btw, a tip for removing the front cover of the boost gauge.

If you actually bent down, you can see a sort of small opening at the base of the cover that you can put a screwdriver to pry open it. Will not scratch the cover if you do it this way.

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
yup forgot to mention that found that out after i took it off the first time but i took care and did it the stupid way haha

Reaction score
Country
hahahah tell me bout it

I scratch abit of mine at the exact location of your pic. But not too noticable :p
until I found out there's a small opening -_-"

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Good write up mate :thumbs:

Right, thats the easy one, where does the Oil temp/pressue ones go?

What about the control unit etc?

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
i try and sort one our for the control unit thats well easy too....
as for the oil temp and pressure still need to fit them havent had time but will do soon:thumbs:
Good write up mate :thumbs:

Right, thats the easy one, where does the Oil temp/pressue ones go?

What about the control unit etc?

G

gunner93

Apart from 2.0 bar max level, the aftermarket gauge lights up at night too. I suppose its factory calibrated and accurate enough? Great write up!

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Part Number:24860-88F00-
Description:SOCKET & BULB ASSY

Its an off-the-shelf dash bulb. There are different wattages though, so make sure you use that PN. :)

Reaction score
Country
the bulb in my factory boost gauge died the other day, lucky was able to swap with my mates who changed to aftermarket gauge