What's new

How to remove OEM boost gauge and fit Defi gauge in....

P

Paddy mack

them oem bulbs in the gauges are a bugger to get out, i was sweating a bit when i changed mine

P

Paddy mack

with great difficulty! fine long nose pliers, turn it 20 degrees and out it should come but its been ages, i think the black holder is part of the bulb and its that bit you turn and it comes down though the mounting hole, hope this helps

S

stusx

Couple of questions (new to this) What size guage is this? Are the electical connections at the back the same? Does it just sit in the housing or how does it fix into place? cheers

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Can the bulb be changd without taking the whole a-pillar trimm off?
Looks like the front of the gauge can be undone on the pics.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
is it only defi guages that will fit? also what size is the guage you have to replace it with - 52mm or 60mm? thanks.

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
thanks matey, the defi ones are nice but im after changing the dash lighting colour so its all uniform, i've been looking at the white or blue led autoguage stepmaster stealth guages on gaugeplace, when not in use they have a gloss black face with no dial showing and have full sweep when turned on. cool.:). should i replace the boost guage with a mechanical one, or would a step master with pressure sensor be accurate enough? reason i ask is the 60mm ones they do are on a pressure sensor.....

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
ok guys my guage is on its way (went for a stack 2bar mechanical in the end- nice and plain, plus they do a wideband lambda and loads of others that match which ill get later).....because im removing the original boost guage does that mean i can disconnect the original sensor (im assuming its the one on the drivers side inner wing), tie back the wiring and tee from the original boost sensor connection to the dump valve vacuum hose rather than the fuel pressure regulator? if so then ill remove the original sensor hopefully, tidies things up and it can go in the fast growing box of standard bits!:D
thanks in advance people!

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
BUMP!!!

no takers then? im waiting to fit this asap:D

Reaction score
Country
You would need a vacuum hose for your mechanical boost meter so just extend the stock vacuum hose into your cabin for your mechanical boost meter

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
ive already plumbed the guage in (teed into fpr vac) and it works fine, what i really would like to know though is can i now unplug and remove the original boost pressure guage sender or does it provide a signal for something else?:)

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
someone must of done this surely, or knows if its ok?

F

falz

well, if I may give you a tip, wrap the screwdriver in some tape, so you won't be able to scratsch anything at all ;)

Reaction score
Country
Dean - In case you havent found out yet im pretty sure its only needed for the standard boost gauge so can be dropped if you have an aftermarket.

On a side note i setup my Greddy Profec B Spec II tonight and plumbed the hose from the control unit into the standard boost gauge hose with a T-Piece (replaced the weeny hose at same time). Im guessing this will work as it provides the boost reading for the standard gauge ?

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
yes thats right jez - i took the plunge and disconnected the stock sensor - tidies it up a bit and doesnt hurt anything. the profec b box controller is plumbed into a three way tee behind the dash on mine - this is fed from the fpr vacuum to the mechanical boost gauge. jez installed it so must be good to go:)

B

biskvit

Does anybody tried to mount gauges into 3 central air diffusiers? Can't understad how to remove it.

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
you need to slide a flat blade screewdriver under the centre bottm edge to release a clip, then they should come out. sure theres a thread with pics somewhere on here, try doing a search