What's new

HELP - Stereo Install

S15_Spec_R

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Hi, I have finally got round to changing my factory unit but have hit a glitch. The car came with sat nav and there are blocks with too many wires to understand!

Does anyone know which wires I need to access for power/speakers and also is the aerial a two pronged connector? If it is can I get a converter for it.

I suppose power and ground can be resolved quite easily by running my own wires but speakers and aerial are in a maze, which blocks (from sata nav or head unit). I'm so confused :wack:, any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks, Keith

K

kieran

kieth can you post pics of the coneectors?

the aril shouldnt be a problem

Reaction score
get a good multi-meter and you wont have a problem.
1)check for a constant live (12v) this will be your yellow wire for your new iso

2)turn the ignition on and look for an ignition live (12v) youll know its the ignition live when the voltage dies when the ignition is off.

3)Next is to find your ground wire. switch the multimeter to continuity. Place the black probe on bare metal (ground point) and touch each wire till you here it beep. If you get a beep thats your ground wire, just to be sure turn on the ignition and test it for power.

4)Speaker wires. Easy peasy! Just turn the tester over to 20 ohms. you should get 2-4 ohms for each speaker wire anything else and its not a speaker wire. Hope this helps

S15_Spec_R

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
I shall post some pics, maybe they will be of use to someone.

I'll have to buy a volt meter and give it a go.

Thanks all. Keith

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
On the stock stereo wiring there is 2 blocks.
If you don't have any more than those, just get a DIN adaptor for a Micra -00 or newer. The aerial is one of those usuall thingies. Should go straight into your new stereo unless its a strange one :)

S15_Spec_R

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
I have 7 different connectors (blocks) plus 2 digital connectors. Going to try the multimeter to get some sound.

Went to halfrauds to get an aerial convertor as mine has 2 prongs and slides in like a cigarette lighter (2 power contacts on circle edges). I assume its an amplified aerial so does anyone know of a converter?

Ta, Keith

PS Do I have an S15 or is it because of the satnav that I am having difficulties?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Its the satnav. Standard ICE setup is just a case of plugging an ISO converter into the Nissan block.

K

kieran

the lead is usually a pc2 76 4 but get a pic up so we can confirm its the same with the sat nav units

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
you could use a PP3 battery on the speaker cables, you should hear each speaker as you touch the speaker wires on the battery terminals.

Reaction score
make sure you determine which wires are the speaker wires before you use a battery, if you touch any of the power wires kiss your fuses goodbye

S15_Spec_R

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Still struggling to get my stereo in, going to check fuses as I am not geting a reading off any of the wires.

S15_Spec_R

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
I butchered the blocks before taking pics. It was a blown fuse. I now have my stereo in, so if anyone has a sat nav and they want to know what wires go where I can help!

All Ineed now is to get a converter for the amplified aerial, anyone?