What's new

Installing Fog Lights into your S15

Reaction score
Country
Hi all.
I know this has been done before, but i am doing this again with a video to make it a bit easier for people to visualise what needs to be done!
I have attached a video below of the process of installing the fog lights into your S15 weather they are factory or aftermarket the process is similar. This is a LOT easier and quicker if you have an imported S15 from japan, if you have an ADM (and possible NZD) s15, this process might be a bit longer for you, but will explain your extras in the write up and briefly in the video. Come along for the install!

Written Tut!

Ok so for those of you who would like some more info, or prefer a read up, here is is in a step by step fashion
please drop any questions below!

Step 1: You will need the following:
- An S15
- A set of factory or aftermarket fog lights
- You may also need some 6mm thread nuts and bolts and some washers from memory to mount the lights into the bumper
- FOR IMPORTED SILVIA: - You may need an indicator stalk with the fog light switch, else you can follow the ADM/NZ optional Extras to get yours working. (if you are missing the stalk and want one, please PM me on YouTube as i am more likely to see it sooner, or you can PM me here and i will try get back to you as soon as i can with info on how to get one, or if i can source you one)
- FOR ADM/NZ MODELS ONLY:
- You will need a inline Fuse
- Some wire (12 - 14 gauge)
- A Switch which Turns you on.. ehem i mean, can be used to Turn on your Fog Lights (Honestly any switch which you would like to use will do, just keep in mind you need to mount this somewhere you can access it)
Step 2 (optional): You may want to remove your front bumper for ease of access, or maybe not, i did, good luck should you choose not to
Step 2.5: If you are trying to remove your bumper, i have circled the screw location in the video:
- There are some near the wheel well closer to the wheel
- One inside the bumper up near the light on each side
-The ones at the front in between the lights
- You may also have some at the bottom if you have a lip, or not

Step 3: If your bumper has any mesh or covers where the fog lights go, you will need to remove them at this point. The ones from the non - Aero bar must be unscrewed from the inside, and then slid out from the inside. I assume those on the Aero Bumper are the same (if someone can confirm i will update Thanks)

Step 4: Before we mount everything in place, we will test the lights to make sure they work!
- If you have an imported SILVIA and are using the factory fog lights, please plug them both into the plugs which you can find around where they will sit on the bumper. If you cannot find the plugs, it is likely you have an ADM or NZ model of the S15, and you will need to do some additional work
- If you are using aftermarket fog lights and you have a SILVIA with the plugs, you will need to create an adapter by buying the plug from a wrecker, or online if you can find them, or by using some spade connectors (probably the easiest option as i believe they will fit)
- If you are using factory/aftermarket fog lights and you have an ADM/NZ model S15 without the plugs you will need to run wiring to the cabin yourself.

Step 4.5(For ADM/NZ Models ONLY): You will need to make your own wiring for this, i am not 100% sure if your s15 comes with the relay or fuse, but no matter, we can do this without any factory wiring, follow the next few steps
- You will need to create a plug which goes into your Fog Lights, weather they are factory or aftermarket, you should have 2 wires coming off each at this point. (i would use spade connectors as above but up to you)
- You need to choose where you want to draw the power from at this point, You can grab it directly from the battery if you want, probably the easiest way, otherwise you will need to find a fuse you can tap into, i would use the battery but this is up to you. Find your power source.
- Wire in your in-line Fuse, i recommend 30 amps, if you believe you know better please do as you like (we don't like fires here...)
- Run your wire into the cabin if you are getting power from outside, there is a grommet under the driver side fender which does into driver foot well, run the positive cable into here and then wire in your switch and mount it somewhere accessible to you!
- Run the negative off the switch back through the grommet and outside the cabin, into the bay, then rout it down to roughly where your fog lights will be
- You will need to split your power source cable and make sure to leave some slack for each connector as you should plug them in before mounting the bumper back
- Terminate the wire into either the proper connector or spade connectors (pick your poison) and then join both neg cables back together to make your life easy, and rout the neg to a bolt which connects straight to the chassy to ground the connection.

Step 4.6(For SILVIA Import Model From Japan):
- If you have an Indicator Stalk with the fog light switch, you do not need to follow the next part of this step
- If you do not have the fog light switch on your stalk, you can either buy one and fit it, or follow step 4.5 to install the lights as you would in the ADM/NZ model, or you can do some research to find out where you can tap into the factory wiring in the cabin and just wire the switch in there (i did not go through this so cannot offer much assistance, but if you do go through this, please comment and let us know how you did it, would love to add the info to the Tutorial
)

Step 5: Test your lights to see if they Turn on
Step 6: If Step 5 was Successful go to step 7, if the lights did not come on, please make sure to check your wiring, or try reversing the polarity as you might have plugged positive into negative on the fog light. If this does not fix your issue, you need to make sure your wire is plugged in and perhaps try using a multi meter to test for power and ground. If you are using factory wiring make sure the fuse and relay are installed in the fuse and relay box
Step 7: Unplug your lights and mount them into the bumper (factory will go straight in, just need the mentioned bolts from above) If you have aftermarket lights, you might need to make your own bracket.
Step 8: Mount your bumper back onto the car and plug the lights in at the same time
Step 9: Clean and final test!
Step 10: Profit? Please post some pics below of how yours turned out and what you did. Keen to see outcomes.

Please feel free to let me know if there is anything i missed as i would like to make this the most accurate and up to date tut there is.

Thanks and good luck!