What's new

ABS fuse

Reaction score
If i pull this out at the drivers footwell fuse box will it have any nasty lasting effect other than disabling the abs and will it work when i put it in again?!

P

Paul D

No mate it'll just cut off the abs and put the light on the dash. Next time you put it in and start the car it should go off when you pull away and work sorrectly again. I used to take the fuse out of my almera everytime it snowed for better braking and never had any problems with it.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Of course, the next time you slam your brakes on a damp road, you'll slide effortlessly into the car in front... Snow is the one exception. But then you shouldn't be braking in the snow anyway...

Reaction score
Take it out... when you slide bakwards the Abs doesnt work anyway!!!! :D

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Take it out... when you slide bakwards the Abs doesnt work anyway!!!! :D
Yeah I've noticed that when I was at a driftday. The brake pedal feels very wierd when I tried to brake hard going backwards.
Next time I go drifting I'll pull the fuse :thumbs:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I found the ABS started getting used a hell of a lot more once I fitted some decent discs, pads, hoses and fluid... :nod: I wouldn't be without it. Of course, its a bit different for stuff like drifting, but then I don't do drifting (on or off the road). :)

Reaction score
I found the ABS started getting used a hell of a lot more once I fitted some decent discs, pads, hoses and fluid... :nod: I wouldn't be without it. Of course, its a bit different for stuff like drifting, but then I don't do drifting (on or off the road). :)
If your quick enough you shouldnt need ABS... all you need is HUMAN ABS!!!!!
But Nicely is gettin on abit...

:D :p

(And yes i was re watchin Initial D last night!)

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I can guarantee that if you were in the same situation I was earlier this year, it would have made no difference how quick you think your on-off braking ability is. You'd have still not stopped in time. That was in the Hilux with no ABS.

Reaction score
Hell i cant talk... i put my first S15 into a brick wall... still cant remember what happened... :cry:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Removing the ABS fuse also disables the speedo.
Oh, didn't know that.
Pulling the connectors to the ABS unit under the bonnet disables the ABS with the speedo still working. tried and tested.
Did this when my ABS was going all disco on me last year.
dirt on the ABS senders can really cause a havoc.

Reaction score
when ur doing a bit o drifting the abs seems to stop u from braking at all which isn't good when u need them so pulled the fuse out last nite and tried it, no abs happy days and worked straight away when put it back in.Nice one!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
I think if you could wire it up on a toggle switch be nice... on / off when ever you like. should be easy enough to do,
toggle switch and some wire....

P

Paddy mack

abs is a God send. mano man i've been saved by it manys the time, the mivec mirage i had didn't have it as it was a light weight model and anything heavy was removed but it sill got elec windows & mirror but no airbag or abs crazy japanese bastard!!. i love abs