What's new

nissan rev counter pod

Reaction score
i have a nissan rev counter pod on my dash, (it came with the car) i dont know if anyone else has one??? i can get pics if it will help, anyhoo, its a minor problem, but its bugging me, the red shift light flashes at 3000 revs, which is fine, until i hit 6th gear on the motorway, and it constantly flashes, anyone know if i can change the setting??? (simple answer would be to turn it off but i like the gadgets!! :wave:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I'd imagine you have to press and hold a button to put it into programming mode, then press it again at the point you want to set it (possibly the red button?). If its anything like my combined knock and shift light, you set it at HALF the revs you want it at. This saves having to drive like a maniac to try setting it... :p

I have a sneaking suspicion that mine used to have one of those. My dash has a mark which closely matches the outline of that...

Reaction score
ive tried holding the button but all it does is turn it off :( and thats the only button on it, i dont fancy pulling it out and taking it to bits coz im not that confident when it comes to electrics, perhaps it cant be changed!?!? who knows! lol.
perhaps its one of life's unsolvable mysteries!!! :wack:

:wave:

Reaction score
no, there is only the one button, and the front panel doesn't unscrew or come apart.
I have just had a play though, ok, i switch the engine on and the rev counter comes on, and flicks down the revs until it hits the optimum revs, if i turn it off manually, and turn it back on and hold my finger on the button, the revs go to 0.
but, i tried revving the engine whilst holding the button down, and even tried revving the engine and switching the engine off whilst holding it down, but it still flashes at 3000 RPM.
perhaps there is a way of changing it, but i apart from those 2 obvious ways, i cant think of another.???? :confused:

Reaction score
I know how to do it...

Hold the button down for 3 seconds...
rub your head...
wind down the window and shout channie is the man...
repeat 10 times and let me know if that has worked!!

:D

P

Paul D

Try pressing the button and holding it in with the ignition off, turn ignition on and release it. its worth a try

Reaction score
Ive emailed and googled everywhere!!! No one has heard of it!!!
Are you sure its nissan or is it one of those rare imitation things with a sticker on it???

Reaction score
well, i cant be sure its 100% genuine, but, i dont see why somebody would go to the trouble of making it a nissan replica, if i was doing it i would make it nismo, or HKS or blitz or something like that, its definately not a sticker, and its not a dodgy print, i just tried google'ing it and no info on it either so im baffled, :confused: dont worry to much though guys, i wasn't expecting such a detailed interegation for a rev counter ;) i can turn it off, or just shut one eye...that could work!?!? :wave:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I'm not surprised nothing's come up on Google. Its very difficult to find info on JDM stuff as there are no matches between the english search words and Jap... But there's a link to a site with all the genuine S15 options in Useful Threads, and its not on it...

T

tass15

have you tried adjusting with just the key to accessory on? worth a shot

Reaction score
hey, ive tried everything!!!!! :mad:
dont worry, ive found the perfect solution, ive just turned it off :nod: thats solved my problem!! hehe

:wave: