What's new

Opinions Please

Reaction score
Get a custom map from Jez at Horsham Developments. Nicely on here had his done and says it's well worth it.

I'd steer clear of the pigeon. Recirc is the way to go with a decent valve. That and an FMIC would be perfect.

P

Paul D

Problem is i live in the north east so its a very long travel to get to a garage that would know their stuff. Whats bad about the pigeon mod? i won't be modding the silvia much, just gona keep it simple for a little while untill i get clued up on it.

Reaction score
ok, pigeon mod, im gonna try answering this for you as i was pondering the same question a while back, (i think i understand it all now, im on a learning curve too!!)

right, here's my take on it anyhoo, your turbo sucks in air, and, safely releases the air thanks to the D.V. if you remove this, and block up all the pipes, it will, granted make a rather sweet sound, but that sound is the air being wrongly forced back through the turbo the wrong way as it has no D.V. This is doing your turbo no good, and could, eventually cause some long lasting damage.

get a aftermarket D.V if you like the whoosh noise, or re-circ it which most people do, SARD do a re-circ R2D2, and i think HKS to? :wave:

(HURRAH thats the first time i have been able to answer a question! im learning!!! hehe)

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
You'll still get pigeon noise if you recirc :) Plus you won't get any of the horrendous lift-off jerking associated with BOVs.

P

Paul D

looks like i'l be going that way instead then Thanks everyone

Reaction score
Horsham developments chips are mail order! You send off your ecu to Jez and he sends it back all black magic'd!!!!

The Apexi neo... does look cool... we fitted on to Pablos S15 but dont think he has had it set up properly (To be honest i think he wants it for the bright lights and the fact it could lower his Vtec point?!?!?!)
But essentially all it does is alter the signal coming from the AFM thus fooling the ECU.

The E-mange i would say is the best option there especially if you have one kicking about!

But you can never go wrong with a Apexi power FC!!!! Although expensive to setup you have full control over the mapping!

And if you wipe ur ass with ?50 notes then the HKS F-Con pro is always used on S15s in Japan!

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Horsham chip aren't mail order for the S15, unless you've got a Spec R auto which has the same setup as the S14. Jez doesn't have any off-the-shelf S15 maps.

About the only place which will map an F-Con is Abbey...

Having full control over the mapping isn't a good thing unless you also know what you are doing and have accurate independent A/F readings a det monitoring.

Reaction score
Pablo sent his off to Jez and did it all via mail order...

Ap motors and Alan Jefferys down here map the F-Con pro...

And when im getting it mapped i'd sooner the company mapping it has full control over all the settings so they can get it completely right... Det monitoring?!?! some workmans earphones, a plastic tube, and screw! (as shown on Jez's site Jez's Article )

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The det headphones are the most accurate way to tell if you've got det. Knock sensors simply aren't good enough. If you went out for a custom mapping with Jez, you'd know that he has total control over every aspect of the ECU... And unlike a Dyno mapping, Jez's on-road mappings are just that. The map is setup for on road driving, not on a Dyno :)

I assume Pablo went for a 555s with FMIC mapping? Yes, that's off the shelf. If you want a remap using the existing injectors or 740s (which is the sensible S15 choice as they give more room for expansion and cost exactly the same as 555s), then its custom only. Personally, I'd go for custom every time. I don't want my car mapped to someone else's setup...

Reaction score
Personally, I'd go for custom every time. I don't want my car mapped to someone else's setup...
:thumbs:

Also to your driving style... i prefer torque to big BHP so had mine mapped accordingly... also mine was setup on the rolling road and then tweek'd on the road... never used to praise Alan Jeffery's (Local tuner) but they have done a dam good job!

P

pablo

The det headphones are the most accurate way to tell if you've got det. Knock sensors simply aren't good enough. If you went out for a custom mapping with Jez, you'd know that he has total control over every aspect of the ECU... And unlike a Dyno mapping, Jez's on-road mappings are just that. The map is setup for on road driving, not on a Dyno :)

I assume Pablo went for a 555s with FMIC mapping? Yes, that's off the shelf. If you want a remap using the existing injectors or 740s (which is the sensible S15 choice as they give more room for expansion and cost exactly the same as 555s), then its custom only. Personally, I'd go for custom every time. I don't want my car mapped to someone else's setup...
tut tut lol, thats not all he does....called jez and he sorted me out (circa ?220 i think), was a 2 day turn around, im on standard injectors, boost set up and det checked locally at alan jefferys plymouth.
thankyou

the vtec and pretty lights are nice lol

Last edited: