What's new

Identifying these Mysterious Connectors

Reaction score
Country
Anyone know what these connectors are? The wires come from the car into the red connector things - one output goes to my window brake light and the other goes to my spoiler brake light.

I would have thought they’re a splitter of some sort but the window brake light doesn’t light up and the wiring job to my spoiler isn’t factory (nor is the excellent hole drilling for the spoiler mounts..).

Any ideas? Can’t seem to get them undone either. Thanks in advance!

The wire with the rubbery heat shrink like protector over it is from the car, the other wire going into plastic conduit goes to the spoiler light and the white connector goes to the window brake light.

Reaction score
Country
They are indeed a splitter/joiner. So both brake lights should work in that case unless the wiring has been modified somewhere between this and the light?

Should be a case of unclipping the side and then just pulling apart, they will open on a hinge with a metal bar in between that cuts through the casing of the wire to do the actual join.

Reaction score
Country
They are indeed a splitter/joiner. So both brake lights should work in that case unless the wiring has been modified somewhere between this and the light?

Should be a case of unclipping the side and then just pulling apart, they will open on a hinge with a metal bar in between that cuts through the casing of the wire to do the actual join.
Oh it’s one of those types.. might explain why the window brake light doesn’t work if perhaps the cut wasn’t nice and clean.

It’s weird because it has hinges on both sides so I can’t get the damn thing open. It has some little clips on the sides as well so they must be part of opening them.. I’m probably just missing something obvious haha, I’ll keep fiddling with them.

Thanks!

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
Scotchlocks - get rid of them, they are utter s**t. A lot of the time they don't give a good connection, other times they completely cut through the wire. If you want it to be a sound connection just use a through crimp or solder and heatshrink ;)

Reaction score
Country
Yeah I’ve heard similar stuff about them. Think that’s what I’ll do tomorrow - get some proper connections sorted.