What's new

Wideband Position and Wiring

Reaction score
Country
Just wondering before I get anything final done, where have you guys (who have widebands) put the bung to screw the wideband O2 sensor into the exhaust?

I know the general rule is about 1-2 feet before the cat but which side? Drivers side or passenger side?

Also, where did you run the wiring and where did you stick it through into the car? Mine has a convenient hole drilled in the floor pan in the passenger foot well courtesy of the owner in Japan but I don’t really want to use that haha!

Cheers!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
mine is at the bottom of the downpipe just befor the flange however i don't have any cats, i would imagine you 'd have to go pre cat as after i think it'd be pretty much useless.

as for wiring, mine is fed up through gearstick hole and fed through behind dash up to the A pillar pod

Reaction score
Country
mine is at the bottom of the downpipe just befor the flange however i don't have any cats, i would imagine you 'd have to go pre cat as after i think it'd be pretty much useless.

as for wiring, mine is fed up through gearstick hole and fed through behind dash up to the A pillar pod
Hmm, okay. Yeah, defeats the object after the cat.

Good shout about the wiring, sounds fairly simple to do it that way.

immy21

Reaction score
Country
Take your passenger side wheel arch off and you will see a grommet which feeds through above ECU
Good route for wideband wiring is through engine bay, passed the abs pump and then into that hole.

Reaction score
Country
Take your passenger side wheel arch off and you will see a grommet which feeds through above ECU
Good route for wideband wiring is through engine bay, passed the abs pump and then into that hole.
Ah ok, that sounds good. I’ll check that out later.

lewis

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@lewis_concannon
This is some good info but here’s on I have a twin front pipe hpi unit would I be able to have a wideband as it would be useless in one of the two pipes before the car and possibly too close if it’s before the front pipe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
This is some good info but here’s on I have a twin front pipe hpi unit would I be able to have a wideband as it would be useless in one of the two pipes before the car and possibly too close if it’s before the front pipe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don’t know if this is right, but shouldn’t you be fine just sticking it in one of the two pipes? There won’t be a difference in AFR between the two pipes surely, just the volume of gases going through it?