What's new

HKS EVC! Need advice on setup! thanks

Reaction score
Website
www.imperial-concepts.com
Hi all, I recently just got myself a HKS evc boost controller and there are 2 questions which i need advice on .

1st need advice on the scramble Boost mode. For eg, my boost is set at 1 bar and i wan it to run on 1.3 bar when on scramble boost.

1) So should i set it at 0.3bar for scramble boost because 1bar + 0.3Bar = 1.3bar.

2) Or should i set it straight to 1.3 bar on scramble boost? hence it will read and give me 1.3bar?

2nd question There is also these setting when i 1st press mode, which state 4 but it can be adjusted higher and lower, for eg, can set to 3 or 2 or even a high of 5 or 6 etc etc.. and so what is this function?

Which is it? i am confuse....

Thanks in advance for all advice.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Website
www.imperial-concepts.com

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I think the benefit to the new EVC is that the boost can be fine tuned (like the AVC-R) and it displays a few readings from the ECU (like the AVC-R). If you like to 'set and forget', these features won't be of any use. An AVC-R is incredibly tunable, however, you need a fooking degree to make full use of it all.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
With the new EVC 6 you can create a boost map for either speed or rpm.
I think it also has a new stepping motor.

Setting it up should be similar to the EVC 5 if you disregard the boost map bit.

I got the EVC 6 mainly because I think it looks good and THE HKS series is supposed to be very easy to setup and hold boost like crazy. The fact that there is only one unit on the new EVC was also one thing a liked.

This will fill my hole above the stereo nicely being 1/2 DIN size. Just gotto get an Greddy informometer now to fill out the rest of the hole :)