What's new

Drivers Side Door Lock Issue

Reaction score
Country
Hi everyone,

Having an issue with my driver's side door lock. If I stick the key in the door and lock it manually there's no problem at all - works fine, but if I use the key fob to lock it then the passenger side door locks but the driver's side doesn't. Sometimes there's simply no noise at all from the driver's side and sometimes there's a clunk but it never locks.

If I've locked it manually however it always manages to unlock with the remote fob.

Am I right in thinking it's an issue with the actuator? I took the door card off and had a look but nothing looked broken or out of place.

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Country
I just bought a whole new door lock mechanism with the motor, actuator etc on it. Haven’t fitted it yet but that should solve the issue haha.

Reaction score
Country
when I got my car It had no fob just when you unlock the door with the key, the passenger side unlocks automatically. When I had the alarm fitted I got the guy to install a motor in the drivers door too, it lasted a couple of years & then died, im guessing yours is a ****ty aftermarket one too.

Reaction score
Country
when I got my car It had no fob just when you unlock the door with the key, the passenger side unlocks automatically. When I had the alarm fitted I got the guy to install a motor in the drivers door too, it lasted a couple of years & then died, im guessing yours is a ****ty aftermarket one too.
Nope, genuine Nissan deal - key and all.