What's new

S15 battery harness

Reaction score
Country
As it goes i am in the process of moving my battery to the boot ;) but I haven't removed the loom in the engine bay so i will try and grab you some pictures tonight. I have the OEM positive terminal still attached so do you just want pictures of where all the wires chase to?

Reaction score
Country
Can one of you guys show me a pic of your engine bay, where the negative battery cable goes?

Looks like I need this cable, which is part # 24080 in this link (in the grey diagram pic 3): Battery Terminal Cover "180sx, S14, S15, R33, R34, WC34, AWC34, C34"

All my car has is this; the cable coming off the intake and around the fuse box to the battery tray?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Sorry mate I haven't got around to taking one. Attitude won't get you far on here so chill winston. If you look in the useful link section there is the s15 mechanical guide that has everything you ever need to do on an s15. You could use the wiring diagrams to solve your problem.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Oh and the picture you up top is correct, the earth comes from the intake to the tray and the negative from the battery goes to the same location iirc. Looks like you have front mount pipes through the tray- speaking from experience the batteries that will fit in there aren't really man enough for the car. Save yourself the agg and leave it in the boot

Reaction score
Country
I just took it out of the boot. Is there another cable that comes off the one I pictured above? With the terminal clamp on the end? I want an actual picture, diagrams don't always show the details.

immy21

Reaction score
Country
The exposed part of the cable on battery tray has been cut, the cut off bit simply goes to the neg pole on battery.
No pic as mine is in the boot.

Reaction score
Country
Thanks, that's all I needed to know. Couldn't quite make out if it was cut and just placed there to be out of the way, etc.

Just another question. At the battery end of the loom, one bit goes off to the positive peg, but there's another shorter one. Where does that one bolt to? When I took my loom off, the terminal end and the end of that other bit were bolted together with the extension to the boot connected to both those ends.

Does this bit I circled bolt to the body as an earth or something?

immy21

Reaction score
Country
Thanks, that's all I needed to know. Couldn't quite make out if it was cut and just placed there to be out of the way, etc.

Just another question. At the battery end of the loom, one bit goes off to the positive peg, but there's another shorter one. Where does that one bolt to? When I took my loom off, the terminal end and the end of that other bit were bolted together with the extension to the boot connected to both those ends.

Does this bit I circled bolt to the body as an earth or something?
Absolutely not lol, just as well you asked.
It's a positive that is secured by a nut on top of fuse box, under the lid.
I'l try and get a pic later tonight