What's new

Electric Window/Folding Mirror Switch SHOULD IT LIGHT UP ?

brillo

Reaction score
Country
Hi have looked through many pages of the Electrical Section but cant find a answer, apologies if its been covered already

been trying to sort out all the illumination on the inside of the car, Instrument cluster, climate control unit & lighter surround are sorted, are the switches in the drivers door supposed to light up ? if so does anyone know what bulbs are fitted ? also what bulb fits in the ignition key surround.

Would appreciate any help, thanks

Reaction score
Country
I don't think it does, I've just had my car back from the garage but I'll check later tonight at 9pm and let you know.

sorry if this is a little late.

brillo

Reaction score
Country
Thanks, if you could have a look when you get your car back, would be interested to know before I take the whole lot out and take it to bits

Regards

Marc

Reaction score
Country
Thought I'd responded but couldn't have clicked send. :(

Basically the only thing that light up on the drivers door switches are the 'Auto' on the window switch and the folding mirrors switch.
Sadly I don't know what bulbs they take, There is almost no information on that around.

Last edited:

brillo

Reaction score
Country
Thanks for the reply, well none of mine light up so will have to resort to taking it all apart, so the "Auto" and the L & R on the mirror switch should definitely Light up then, will strip it down and let you know the result

Thanks for your help

Best Regards

Marc

Reaction score
Country
Thats correct, with your lights on ofcourse they should both be illuminated.

Keep posted :)