What's new

Factory Boot Release Wiring

brillo

Reaction score
Country
Hi have searched the forum but no luck, does anyone know what the two wires coming from the boot latch are supposed to do ?
its the latch that bolts to the actual boot lid as opposed to the lock on the back panel.

Any help much appreciated

Reaction score
If i had to have a wild guess, and that's all this is, i would say sensor to know when to put the boot light on?

brillo

Reaction score
Country
If i had to have a wild guess, and that's all this is, i would say sensor to know when to put the boot light on?
Thanks to TomK for the suggestion, 1 have tried disconnecting the cable and the boot light still operates, if anyone has any other idea's would be glad to hear them.

seems strange as presumably its there for some reason for it to be there but cant work out what it should be doing

Reaction score
Country
sensor for an alarm to sense if someone breaks in when the alarm is armed? My car has some random thing in the engine compartment that seems to do nothing, I assumed it was the remnants of an old alarm system.

Does it have a spoiler? if not, maybe it did but was removed & the wires for the brake light remain? who knows

brillo

Reaction score
Country
Hi All, have just logged on to find reply's to the thread, I must work out how to get a notification a reply has been made, Anyhow have taken photo's of the lock when removed from the boot lid for a better photo but cant seem to upload them as have no idea how to work out what the URL is.

I'm also having problems with sourcing a Rotor Arm, Part Number stamped on the wrecked one is T257 the Distributor part number is 22100-65F12 but cant find it listed anywhere, there are two threads on here for this problem but no definitive answers.

so if anyone can help with any of the above that would be good.

If its of any help to anyone I have managed to find a replacement part number for the Distributor Cap which is Intermotor 46955 have purchased one and it DOES fit and work

Thanks

Reaction score
Country
Last edited:

brillo

Reaction score
Country
Thanks AgtX,

I was trying to avoid buying a new distributor I just really need a Rotor Arm, the 22157-46N12 appears to be a different fitment it has a retaining screw to hold it on whereas the item on my car is a push fit on a triangular shaft, I have looked on line and the part number that is recommended is 22157-OM810 but stamped on the Rotor Arm is T257 which is a Mitsubishi reference and the Distributor has "Mitsubishi" stamped on the part number plate on it reads as follows
22100-65F12 / T2T57671 B / 1 X 19 MITSUBISHI

Listed as a replacement for the 22157-OM810 is a Intermotor 49154 I have purchased one and although it looks and externally measures the same as the one on the car however the Triangular hole for fitting to the distributor is approx 1-2mm smaller across the flats so it will not go on.

Thanks for the reply

Reaction score
Country
Ask JDM garage if they have the part or the whole distributor second hand or there are a few breaking S15's on ebay, ask if they have the part you want.

brillo

Reaction score
Country
Will try contacting JDM Garage on Tuesday.

With regards to the boot lock have now I think managed to get the hang of uploading photo's so here are the photo's of the boot lock showing the hole thing and another showing the connector end on

[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

Reaction score
Country
Heres a diagram for the OEM setup & theres no electrical connection as an option or anything, maybe someone rigged it to open on a keyfob remote?

Last edited: