What's new

Climate Control LCD

Reaction score
Country
Alright, way new here and not even from the UK or anything but seems like a well off forum.

I've searched to the end of the internet and back and can't seem to find an answer.

I've replaced all my DCC bulbs with LEDs and have gotten everything to light up except the LCD panel.
Even with regular bulbs the LCD panel doesn't light up. I can't seem to get the bulbs to turn on.

Is there something I'm missing?

I've traced all of the diagrams on the circuit board and everything checks out. For the time being I've bridged a couple wires from the button lights to the LCD panel so I can at least have it lit up at night but it's annoying to have it completely lit during the day and when I don't need it.

Any insight would be helpful.

And also since this is my first post I may as well post a pic of the car.

brillo

Reaction score
Country
Hi I realise this is a old thread, and you have probably solved the problem by now, but are you aware that the illumination on the LCD part of the climate control unit is controlled by the ignition system, in as much as that with the engine running, the climate control OFF and the lights off there is no illumination on the unit at all, with the engine running the climate control ON and the lights off, the LCD should be illuminated but the control buttons will NOT be illuminated.

With the engine running the climate control OFF and the Lights ON, the Controls should be illuminated but the LCD should not be.

Hope this helps, but if you were already aware of all this please Feel free to Ignore it.

Best Regards

Marc

Reaction score
Country
Yea I figured out when it actually turns on and what not. My issue was I had no reference on when what was supposed to turn on. A buddy of mine finally sent me a video of his in different conditions.

Turns out my unit was broken. I had replaced the bulbs and everything. I got a new one and same thing, it was also broken.
I took the new one apart, and check every single solder and everything was fine. After I put it back in one bulb started working about a month later so half of the screen lights up.
The bulbs were brand new as well, so it's just led me to conclude that the unit I originally had was broken and the "new" one I got was also semi-broken.

So ideally I just need a new, working, unit lol.

Hi I realise this is a old thread, and you have probably solved the problem by now, but are you aware that the illumination on the LCD part of the climate control unit is controlled by the ignition system, in as much as that with the engine running, the climate control OFF and the lights off there is no illumination on the unit at all, with the engine running the climate control ON and the lights off, the LCD should be illuminated but the control buttons will NOT be illuminated.

With the engine running the climate control OFF and the Lights ON, the Controls should be illuminated but the LCD should not be.

Hope this helps, but if you were already aware of all this please Feel free to Ignore it.

Best Regards

Marc

brillo

Reaction score
Country
Hi Martino

Glad you established the problem, I have been watching a item on Ebay, as it looked cheap, if its any use
eBay item number:

Did not seem a fortune and if you pay by paypal if it is not fully working you can get your money back

Best Regards

Marc