What's new

S15 engine swap wiring help.

Reaction score
Country
So basically I've owned an s15 spec s for a year or so now and have decided to swap an sr20det engine into it. I have the sr20de engine out. I just need to sort the wiring out before I can drop the sr20det engine in.
It's my first engine swap and I'm not too clued up on the wiring side of things. I have the s14 loom and ecu which came with the engine and I also still have my spec s loom etc. I want to know if there are any straight forward guides for integrating my loom into the s14 loom to make sure everything works as it did before (abs, dash components etc) Or alternatively, are there any companies that make custom looms for this type of application? For example, give them both my looms and ecu's and have a plug and play one made up from the two.
Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers :)

Reaction score
Country
Ideal, cheers for the link. I'll have a good read through and see if I can get my head around it all!

Reaction score
Country
Best way to do it is strip both looms down and rebuild them using the ABS/wipers part of the Spec S and engine side/ECU part of the S14 loom. That way, everything will work as intended and you won't lose your speedo etc

Reaction score
Country
Cheers for the help and advice guys. I did sit down with a couple of beers and have an attempt but it's really not my strong point... Luckily for me though, I've managed to find a guy (through word of mouth) who is going to build me a complete plug and play loom for a pretty good price. Which means, if all goes well, I should be able to get my new engine in and running within a couple of weeks! So I'm happy with that :)

Slightly off topic, I'm going to buy a new clutch before my engine goes in just for piece of mind, any recommendations??