What's new

signal booster issues

Reaction score
Country
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Delux...175?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item27eb7a09af

This is what i bought to try and get FM signal to my stereo. Its a Kenwood head unit and I'm using the nissan micra adapter to plug it in. the blue wire needs 12v so i just wired it to the red wire in my loom which is an ignition live wire and one that I used on my 4 way vent mounted gauge so i know it has power. However I still have no FM signal.

Ive done some reading but the ones i find that have good info have pictures linked to them that are so old they don't show up anymore so I don't know what I'm looking at :( any help would be appreciated.

sibbers

Reaction score
Country
The blue wire needs 12v? maybe thats the source of my crappy signal then? I just assumed it was an earth and found something metal to attach it to! EDIT - my bad, I don't have the circuitry in my aerial thingy, but I have that connector. I might buy one of these, or perhaps something similar. its well annoying having a fuzzy radio (especially when the pioneer head unit I have picks up just about everything).

Can you link up some of the guides that don't have pics any more? Might entice a few suggestions :)

sibbers

Reaction score
Country
From the description it sounds like you need the remote (amp power on signal) wire which is blue on a harness like you'll be using for your kenwood. It should have a label on it and also usually comes with a plug to allow it be separated. Have you tried that?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
I know the blue wire you mean, so i need to splice that with the power cable for the booster? I know a few mentioned a black and white wire that needs power but not sure if this is for ADM cars as i know their looms are different

sibbers

Reaction score
Country
That's what I think yeah, the black/white is either their style of loom or it's the original HU. I've bought one (from your link above) so I'll have a shot myself and see how I get on, but if you don't have an amp then you should be able to connect right up without splicing and see if it works. In fact even if you do, you could test it before committing to splicing anything.

Reaction score
Country
The one I bought earlier had a live and an earth with the antenna going through it.

I ran the red live to the yellow wire in the HU wires and black to black for the earth.

I've also got a Kenwood HU.

sibbers

Reaction score
Country
Hey JDM, did you get it sorted. I got instructions with mine and it said use a live 12v feed so I might try that first, as above, unless you figured it out and got a win? I'll let you know how I got on of you haven't tried it yet. Hopefully I'll do it tonight.

my one has only a single wire so assuming it earths through the aerial/headunit.

Reaction score
Country
no I havent had a chance to change mine, mine just had the blue wire to 12v and then the silver sleeve which you plug inline with the antenna.