What's new

Flat as a pancake day

J

Jono

Guys & Gals, where's the best place to order a battery from :rolleyes:

Mine's dead after 6 weeks off the road. I charged it for 6 hours on Saturday and took the car on a 300 mile run on Sunday but this morning, it's flat again. I can only assume it's not holding its charge very well :(

I assume I can't just get one in Halfrauds ;) so what do I need and where can I get one???

J

Jono

Of course it's not simple.... why would it be simple?! That'd just be too easy wouldn't it! :rant: ;)

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
:D The terminals are also the opposite way round from the S14 and the +VE lead won't reach the other side.

Need you to measure Length, Width and Height please. :) And, I take it you have no immediate plans for an FMIC?

J

Jono

Dude - I've got a wedding to pay for, an S15 to pay for, overdraft, credit cards... I have no immediate plans for FMIC :cry:

Unless my band make it big this year :D

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
would it not be just as handy to lengthen the + and - cables then do a custom battery tie down. just thought it would be better than trying to source a pirticular battery:thumbs:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Its not that hard to source one, I just need the dimensions. And, believe me, its not easier to do cable extensions. I've done it and it was a pain...

Reaction score
if you wanna collect... you can have my battery i removed!

it was fine when it was in the car... so i can't confirm it's condition as it's been sitting a while... but, you're more than welcome! :)

D

Derek

You should get the Varta 054. The one suited for fmic. May as well plan for future, Its same price regardless..

J

Jono

I may do that! Got a friend who's gonna charge this one for a day first and 'drop-test' it (apparently?!). If it tests OK then all's good. If it needs replacing then we'll see what we can get. Dimensions to follow shortly nicely :)

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I specifically asked about the FMIC because, if you aren't getting one, you don't want the smaller, less powerful Type 054 battery. The standard battery is bigger and has more cranking power.

Standard Type 005R 200SX battery:
Voltage - 12V
Capacity - 60Ah
CCA(SAE) - 480A

Varta Type 054 battery:
Voltage - 12V
Capacity - 40Ah
CCA(EN) - 330A

Big difference :nod:

I'll make a call tomorrow, but I think I know the one to get. Just need to confirm the terminals :nod:

J

Jono

OK mate - well mines been charged for 3 days and tested - turns out one of the cells is knackered so it's a dead-un I'm afraid! :( Here's the dimensions for the battery:

H: 200mm
D: 125mm
W: 185mm

Now you're gonna tell me I needed to have measured the terminal sizes?!

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
J

Jono

Price isn't too bad I guess. I shall get one on order immediately!

Thanks as always everyone - I knew there was a good reason for being a paid-up member! :D

J

Jono

Hmm - it's taller than my previous battery. Any clue on how to secure it??? Fits fine and the terminals are OK too but the only way i can connect it is to turn it on its side and then of course it's difficult to secure.

Suggestions welcome :D

J

Jono

Maybe, but it's not a good fit. Gonna go out with my dril in a minute and see if I can get inventive! :cool: