What's new

Boost gauge and EBC question

Reaction score
Country
Morning folks,

Had some time at the weekend to plumb in my EBC and also my aftermarket boost gauge (depo). The EBC I have is a Gizzmo and was a doddle to fit and plumb into the induction/boost system- I actually used a guide i found on here over the instructions in the box as it had pictures :thumbs:

http://forum.s15oc.com/threads/4803-Gizzmo-Boost-Controller-HELP!!/page2?highlight=gizzmo

I then came to install the boost gauge and this is where i got a bit confused. below is a diagram of how it says to plum it in. I replaced to stock sensor with the one supplied and connected it the same as it was to the stock system just with the inline filter.

But where it says T into the pressure regulator and surge tank I go confused. Firstly i assume the pressure regulator is the small boost pipe coming out from under the throttle body and the pressure regulator is the sensor to the left of the rad as you look at the front of the engine.

below is what i have done so far but i need help with this T section. can i delete the sensor and therefore remove the carbon canister?

firstly im not running a BOV, the boost pipe going up and away out the topis where i T'd in the gizzmo so the filter line and the 3rd part would have been as one (make sense?)

this is the sensor i was on about, do i T these two pipes together with the T feed going to the boost gauge? and in so deleting the carbon canistor and this sensor? or do i reconnect it and just T into the left hand boost pipe?

Last edited:

sibbers

Reaction score
Country
Hmm, isn't that a small water pipe to heat up the TB? I could be wrong but I avoided that because I know one exists on the S13s. I plumbed my boost gauge into the same place the original sensor took its pressure from, but I'd like to get rid of the carbon canister and recirc stuff too, so interested in any replies you get. That said, if you want it up and running it looks like you could just go right into that line with the bolt in assuming you can reduce the size or get a decent seal on it.

sibbers

Reaction score
Country
Oops. Posted a load of nonsense. I thought that sensor and those small pipes were water pipes to heat the TB as there's some on the CA18DET but I can see you have cut yours so guess not. Interested in replies but I threw away my old boost sensor and used the mount for the new one.

Reaction score
Country
Ok I've actually just realised that what ive asked is kind of a retarded question as there is no boost pipe going to the gauge so what I've done is actually correct because ive just replaced the boost solenoid old for new. However my research has now led me down the path that i can in fact delete the carbon canister. to save writing a new thread I have pasted Nicely's one below. Just got to block me off some boost pipes tonight and remove the canister and solenoid and I'm done :)

http://forum.s15oc.com/threads/3352-Quick-Question-Carbon-Canister-Removal

sibbers

Reaction score
Country
Awesome, we both posted nonsense. Makes me feel loads better haha. Glad you're all good and I'm back to understanding what you were trying to do. But to confirm, what does that sensor above the radiator do in your last pic? And can I use the feed going to it from the plenum for boost pressure/vac?

Reaction score
Country
the sensor from what I can make out is for emission purposes as it was on JDM vehicles but not ADM or NZDM cars, it doesn't affect the exhaust gases so can be removed. And yes you can use the pipe going from teh plenum to the sensor for boost just make sure you block off the pipe if removing the sensor or just put in new pipe so you don't need a T piece (so directly link plenum to boost gauge)

Reaction score
Country
Pressure regulator = fuel pressure reg
Surge tank = intake plenum.

FPR is the standard place to tee into for boost gauge and/or EBC, but the stock boost gauge line is already done for you so just use that one.