What's new

boost gauge?

W

wow

yo,

there seems to be something wrong wif my boost gauge on my 1999 silvia s15(jdm)"factory boost gauge"...

sometimes it will not work and sometimes it will..
when i'm driving the gauge will work but then a few minutes later the needle will go all the way up to 1bar then back to -7 then the guage will not work??it will just stay on -7 and not move/work??
anyone got any ideas on what the problem is?
most times the only way to get it working again is to stop & alarm the car, then start the car again..but even somtimes this doesn't get it working..

mods: hks pod, 3"exhaust, blitz turbotimeer...

thanks

R

robf

Boost gauge woes.

Have the same problem.Its not the tubing as i have changed that.It's an intermittent fault.Symtoms same as wows.Gauge only works after a restart.Hard boost or mundane driving doesnt make a difference ,has a mind of it's own as to wether it will show a reading?
Could be some crap in the pipes ? and or faulty sender?must get round to sorting it.
Any clues much appreciated bar the previous thread.cheers all rob

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
If you've changed the tubing, its got to be either the sensor or gauge itself. Everything after that boost pipe is electronic.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Possibly earthing problem?

If I wasn't getting a new gauge I would definetly check the wiring out and earth it separate from anything else.

R

robf

boost/

Had not thought about earth px so will look into it.I have tried taking the gauge of it's holder but the B**** wont move.Whats the knack? thanks for input Rob.

W

wow

still have the problem...i was driving and when i pushed the button(near the thingy that u pull to open the door) to lock the doors, the boost suddenly stopd working again.....whats the earthing???
if it still doesnt work i might have to buy a new gauge.The factory one is electronic yes? Is there a gauge i can buy that can easly replace the factory one without having to touch any wires. cause the factory one, i can just remove the clip(wires) from the back of the gauge and clip it on a new gauge???

Reaction score
as for a replacement gauge, using stock wire.... no...

as far as i'm aware, electric gauges will come with their own sender.... it's really not that hard to wire in a new one.

i did my defi one in less than 2 hours, and that was pullin' the stereo out to get the the wire feeds for the control unit. the Defi as you've also seen, does fit in the stock position. you just have to trim the inside of the front of the pod to get clearance, nothing major! :)

J

jappy-junk

Old post refresh :D
Experiencing identical problem, did blowing the sender solve it for good Rob?
You get your sorted wow?

If no good then look like boost gauge purchase time

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I know this is a very old thread but was the first one to show up when I had the problem with my gauge aswell, replaced all the vacuum lines and checked the wiring with no luck.
Ended up opening up the boost sensor unit in the engine bay and finding the soldering on the 3 pins that come up from the plug had cracked, re soldered the board plugged It in have had no issues since.