What's new

Has anyone fitted an OEM stereo from a new Nissan?

Reaction score
Country
Took some pics, the aftermarket stereo conversion harness that came in my car had an orange wire labelled "ill", followed it back the the factory radio plug and its a red wire 2nd pin in. The illumination wire on my headunit connector is Orange, but yours could be yellow. here is that pic:

It looks like those wires are backwards (red to orange, orange to red) but they are correct and work perfectly, so i would look for that red wire coming from the factory radio plug. I'm not sure about your new headunit plug though as it looks different than mine.

Mine is just a plug that goes into the new headunit with 4 inches of wire to be soldered/connected to new wires. I soldered my new plug and wires to the old conversion harness that plugs into the factory radio connectors. pictured here:

The plug on the right i believe is for rear speakers.

Next up is the microphone wiring, I went and bought a 4-pin connector that i can pin myself. It's really big but that's all the local store had. My hand is holding the patch harness connector that goes into our headunit, the wiring goes:

Patch harness

White Black Red

Black Red White

Microphone

It's odd that the colors dont match but i tried that and it never worked, if you buy the same mic i have and hook it up that way it should 100% work.

Next, i ran the wires from that black 4-pin connector up the drivers side A-pillar to the boost gauge. I just followed the existing wiring i assume that is for the dome light and map light.

I then zip tied the mic around the boost gauge mount (white bar with two screws in it) and the mic just sits down in there behind the gauge, it's held in really tight so that it wont wobble around in there.

I then drilled a bunch of tiny tiny holes behind the boost gauge right where the mic pick-up is so that my voice gets through clearly, the holes are pretty hack but i will figure something better in the future.

And thats that! Sorry for the huge pics. Hope that helps!

Last edited:

sibbers

Reaction score
Country
That's amazing. Nice work. I reckon that'll help pass of people out, thank you. If I'm ever in the right but if Canada in buying you beer.

Also, these might be helpful. im not sure which pin out is for our car just yet, but it's gotta be one of these...
http://teletehnika.info/95-razyomy-amagnitol-nissan.html

I'll let you know how I get on, I love the GPS but I really want the illumination and the mic! Speaking of which, I've not seen a mic that doesn't come with co axial cable so I better get looking! The hack job of the pin hole microphone boost thingy is great btw!

thanks dude! :thumbs:

sibbers

Reaction score
Country
Yo! Just to reiterate if I haven't already made this clear - yo are the man!

i managed to get a result using your guidance and the attached pin out from below. Now we have illumination! Finally, this thing is properly installed and it's blooming brill. Love that it just looks like it was always there.

Attachments

Reaction score
Country
Good to hear! The illumination is fantastic at night. Jealous of your GPS! It looks like i'm not going to get GPS as the North American SD cards don't work with the Euro headunit.

sibbers

Reaction score
Country
Night view! :)

coming together nicely. And yeah GPS is great nice to have the whole windscreen without an iPhone in the way telling me where to go. Shame about try euro/NA compatibility. :(

cheers lads!

Attachments

Reaction score
Country
Don't have an S15 but I'm liking this updated OEM look stuff. How is the headunit sound quality? Does it provide enough to the speakers for music and the likes?

Reaction score
Country
Sibbers, thanks for this thread. Got a few quick questions...

1. Does the headunit allow Bluetooth playback?
2. Was there alot of messing around with wires?
3. Does it put out decent enough sound quality?

sibbers

Reaction score
Country
No worries. :)

1. Yes
2. Not if you get the right adaptor although I had to add the illumination wire in. Very easy.
3. It's pretty decent as head units go. Not quite up there with Alpine etc but easily as good as something like a modern BMW head unit. If you're really concerned about high end sound though, you would want an external amp and this has no line outs.

HTH

Reaction score
Country
Thanks for the swift reply :) What wheel are you running too? It looks OEM, but not if that makes sense!?

Reaction score
Country
its been retrimmed, there is a thread on here somewhere about it, was about £130 i think. convinced me to get mine done instead of doing the whole Nardi route.

sibbers

Reaction score
Country
Cheers man, yeah I had mine re-trimmed for £180 all in, but there is a company called Royal who will do a great job for £130 or less. Really does look nice, kinda OEM+. Lots of people comment on how nice my interior is now. Steering wheel and stereo makes such a big difference to the look and makes driving feel a lot more prestige too :)

The Nismo clocks help too :thumbs: