What's new

Lights on climate control panel - Some not working?

Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Country
So since I imported this car, some of the back lights for the buttons on the climate control system have never worked with side lights or main beam.

Demist, fan speed, re-circ and fresh do not light up but the rest are fine.

I'm assuming this is just an led that's gone or loose wire, but before I rip the unit apart to check, has anyone come across this before/ know how to fix it?

Regards

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
There small little bulbs if i remember when i did mine like in the back of your dials. Most car shops have them in stock.

Easy to remove take off gear knob pull the gaitor off, will see two screws undo them the hole surround comes off, then you will see four screws holiding climate control in.

EASY! like 5mins to remove

Reaction score
Am i right in thinking that someone somewhere (am sure i read about it on here somewhere) managed to change the colour that their climate control lit up, and got it a more orange/red to match the clocks better?

I cant for the life of me seem to find the thread or quite remember how thye did it.

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
Think they are like little caps just twist and pull out, did mine back in 2012 on my old s15 so trying to remember but pretty sure cause i bought a pack of 50 new bulbs for like £5 and replaced all my dials,cigarette lighter and climate ones.

Reaction score
Country
Their not like dash bulbs the holders are different as in the dash ones the bulbs just slot in the holders the heater ones have wires off the bulbs wrap inside the holder you can make dash ones fit but have to cut the bulb holders slightly to fit

brillo

Reaction score
Country
Bulbs for Climate control are T4.2 which can be purchased in either Bulbs or LED's there are three that light the controls and two that light the Display, once the unit has been removed from the centre console the three for the controls are accessible on the lower part of the rear of the unit, the two that illuminate the display (which light when the unit is switched on) are located behind the outer cover, there are four small Phillips screws and a total of seven clips moulded into the plastic case which need to be GENTLY levered up once the screws have been removed to reveal the PCB and the two T4.2 bulbs that light the display.

I have changed all mine, the control one to White LED and the Display to Blue LED, but the choice is huge now you can get LED's in a large range of colours, my T4.2 Bulb holders were discoloured and very brittle due to the Heat from the bulbs fortunately the LED's run at a lot lower temperature so this should not be a problem in the future.

Reaction score
Country
Bulbs for Climate control are T4.2 which can be purchased in either Bulbs or LED's there are three that light the controls and two that light the Display, once the unit has been removed from the centre console the three for the controls are accessible on the lower part of the rear of the unit, the two that illuminate the display (which light when the unit is switched on) are located behind the outer cover, there are four small Phillips screws and a total of seven clips moulded into the plastic case which need to be GENTLY levered up once the screws have been removed to reveal the PCB and the two T4.2 bulbs that light the display.

I have changed all mine, the control one to White LED and the Display to Blue LED, but the choice is huge now you can get LED's in a large range of colours, my T4.2 Bulb holders were discoloured and very brittle due to the Heat from the bulbs fortunately the LED's run at a lot lower temperature so this should not be a problem in the future.
By chance do you know the T number for the 3 bulbs for the controls? Just to clarify, the 2 small bulbs are the T4.2, correct?

brillo

Reaction score
Country
Hi, All 5 bulbs for the climate control panel are the same T4.2, they are different colours from the factory in the case of my car the three T4.2 for the controls were white in colour, the two that light the display are Black in colour but will fit where the white ones go and visa versa I assume that the different colours designate different wattage bulbs although I was not able to see any wattage markings on either.

All information is for the Climate control panel (in picture attached) not the Heater controls of which I have no experience, hope that helps.
[/URL][/IMG]