What's new

Trying to save a tired old 15. Having a few wiring related (I hope) problems

L

Lum

Hi guys
I'm in the middle of trying to resurrect a pretty tired looking S15 from a hard life & ran into a few problems I'm hoping you may be able to help with.
Car was originally a spec-S that was them converted to a turbo, at which point the loom was hacked up pretty bad, was then bought by a guy who was planning to put a V8 in it but only got as far as chopping up the loom some more, including cutting off the ecu plug.
So I got it as a rolling shell with a mess of wires in a box in the boot & am now trying to bring it back to life.
I've replaced the entire loom with a proper spec-R loom and have sacrificed my S14A for the necessary parts.
As it stands the car is up & running it has an S14A engine & in using S15 coilpacks with the coil loom re-wired to suit. Has a 14A ecu with the NATS removed & again with the necessary wires swapped to suit.
Car runs & most things se to be working but I am having a few issues...
The top left fuse in the interior fuse box blows as soon as the ignition is switched on? The fuse diagram lists this fuse as "electronic parts" anybody know exactly what this is for?

The climate control unit doesn't work, no display, power, nothing?

The front wipers also don't work?
Are there any common problems relating to these?

Lastly there are a few electrical plugs left over that don't seem to have anywhere to go & I cannot shed any light on them using the wiring diagrams in the manual? Off the top of my head there is a brown male plug & white female both down near the interior fuse box, a square white female plug attached to the loom half way down the steering column & 2 small plugs up by the indicator/wiper stalks? Is this normal? Are these maybe for optional extras or the like?

Thanks guys! So close to getting this all back up & running properly now!

Reaction score
Country
Hi Mate

I also have spec-s now with a SR20 DET from a s14 you are more than welcome to come and have a look over. I am located in Weston Super Mare not to far away.

Hi guys
I'm in the middle of trying to resurrect a pretty tired looking S15 from a hard life & ran into a few problems I'm hoping you may be able to help with.
Car was originally a spec-S that was them converted to a turbo, at which point the loom was hacked up pretty bad, was then bought by a guy who was planning to put a V8 in it but only got as far as chopping up the loom some more, including cutting off the ecu plug.
So I got it as a rolling shell with a mess of wires in a box in the boot & am now trying to bring it back to life.
I've replaced the entire loom with a proper spec-R loom and have sacrificed my S14A for the necessary parts.
As it stands the car is up & running it has an S14A engine & in using S15 coilpacks with the coil loom re-wired to suit. Has a 14A ecu with the NATS removed & again with the necessary wires swapped to suit.
Car runs & most things se to be working but I am having a few issues...
The top left fuse in the interior fuse box blows as soon as the ignition is switched on? The fuse diagram lists this fuse as "electronic parts" anybody know exactly what this is for?

The climate control unit doesn't work, no display, power, nothing?

The front wipers also don't work?
Are there any common problems relating to these?

Lastly there are a few electrical plugs left over that don't seem to have anywhere to go & I cannot shed any light on them using the wiring diagrams in the manual? Off the top of my head there is a brown male plug & white female both down near the interior fuse box, a square white female plug attached to the loom half way down the steering column & 2 small plugs up by the indicator/wiper stalks? Is this normal? Are these maybe for optional extras or the like?

Thanks guys! So close to getting this all back up & running properly now!

L

Lum

I actually live in Weston super mare myself lol.
Thanks guys, I think I've traced the problems to some corroded terminals on the back of the internal fusebox.
Replacement arrived today so I'll fit that tomorrow & hoping it'll be problem solved.

Reaction score
Country
That makes two of us trying to save a S15.

I actually live in Weston super mare myself lol.
Thanks guys, I think I've traced the problems to some corroded terminals on the back of the internal fusebox.
Replacement arrived today so I'll fit that tomorrow & hoping it'll be problem solved.

Reaction score
Country
Had a similar problem on mine recently. The electronic parts fuse is for lots of items such as sunroof, windows etc. There are plugs for the door switch, seatbelt reel and under seat sensor to know your bum is on the seat or not. Try unplugging all of these, as at a glance they are exactly the same. I had mixed up one of the door plugs for a seat belt one and was blowing the fuse.

As for wipers, the previous owner will have cut the plug off. It is wired into the loom at the ecu plug. I had to cut mine off to remove bits to sell my sr20. Just need to reconnect the wiper pigtail to the car loom. Same with the left wing indicator.

http://forums.240sxone.com/showthread.php?t=7091

skip to the post about F3 plug connections for lsx swap. Most of that was correct for my car.