What's new

ECU: auto and manual, whats the difference?

Reaction score
Country
Hi peeps,

as per the title.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISSAN-S1...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a7d383b8f

I dont know if this is an ECU in terms of like the engine ecu or if this is like a box of tricks on an automatic gearbox. Could this be setup to work with a manual sr20det or am i wasting my time?

the dials i bough of Cess have not worked (they work but not solved my issues) so I'm now seriously thinking its ecu despite popular opinion, its the only major electrical thing i haven't tried apart from changing the steering column stalk stuff.

Reaction score
Country
the manual ecu is set for 480cc injectors and the auto is set for 380cc type of gearbox does not mean anything to your engine ecu, a auto S15 may have a separate computer for the gearbox and a few different outputs for the dash cluster.... maybe

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I am pretty sure the auto has a separate computer, Auss15 should know for sure as he converted his from an auto to manual.

Reaction score
Country
im pretty sure that the ecu for the gearbox bud :)

Reaction score
Country
Can't believe how cheap stuff is in nz for these cars! Will wait to see if it is faulty but good to know I can get the bits if required