What's new

Yashio Taillight fogs mod?

Reaction score
Country
Hey all, I've fitted the yashio lights on my s15 a while back, but without considering it doesn't have fogs! I cut the wire from my standard one, so is there a way to solder it to one of the yashio's LEDs? Was thinking of using the unused brake light on the wing as a possible easier alternative. Has anyone done this before? Suggestions/how-to would be much appreciated :)
Mot isn't due until October so plenty of time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike

Reaction score
Country
I know one mine one of the reverse light was converted to a fog light, literally by painting the bulb and belting a new switch to the dash. Not sure how you would get on with the LED's though. Could just get one of the ones the hangs under the bumper for the mot and put it on a backer that can swing up behind the bumper! The just move it down at mot time?!

Reaction score
Country
Previous owner fitted a switch that turns one of the oem tail lights to fogs like yours, but I like the yashio lights instead lol. I like that idea of bodge fitting a hanging one :) good stuff!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I used a motorbike led brake light strip for my fog. Hangs under the bumper but is fairly discreet and not crap looking like those big bulky box ones they normally fit

Reaction score
Country
Oh nice! Where'd you get it if you don't mind

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Just on fleabay mate . Being a brake light is pretty bright when it's on too so just got that wired to a switch on the dash . Happy days