What's new

A weird one... Static shocks..?

Reaction score
Country
Every time I get out of the car and go to close the door, I keep getting a static electric shock off it... Anyone got any ideas why? It's getting annoying!!

Reaction score
Country
Google was my friend, turns out it's just friction between myself and the seat creating a static charge. If I touch the metal of the door before I get out it doesn't happen. Science eh?

Reaction score
Country
Check the ground strap between the door and body. It should ground through the hinge but it sounds like the door is possibly getting charged. (maybe a combo of both)

Reaction score
Country
if your type of footwear is well insulated then chances are you will get a shock after rubbing your hairy back on the seat for awhile then steeping out all charged up, the first thing you touch will act as a earth, if its the car then its the car... when you are wearing what ever you were at the time you got shocked, drive and park up next to your mate, get out of the car but dont touch the car once you have gotten out of it..dont close your door, then touch you mate on the ear and watch him jump