What's new

power fc s15 trouble

Reaction score
Country
[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Hi everyone!
[/FONT]Having a strange issue with my Power FC L-Jetro
[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]When driving and coming to a stop the idle doesnt drop and sit around 1500-2000 and then slowly drops to normal 900rpm.

Cheers

PS: On cold startup it revs to 2000 and the drops to 1500 and after about 2min it will drop to 900rpm

MAF stock,
[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]inj stock, cams stock.

everything works good with stock ECU
[/FONT]

Reaction score
Country
what does or doesn't?) sorry for my bad english.
problem is not resolved. idle on cold start still high(2400)
and When driving(on neutral gear) and coming to a stop idle is 1500

Reaction score
Country
first engine start after factory reset goes perfect - great cold idle 1500(smoothly drop to 800) and revs(when i drive on neutral) still normal 800.

Reaction score
Ok, the problem is the default program does not, until it is tuned, take into account the cold start up tune.

Reaction score
Country
if you are running on default just adjust via the idle screw, and if hot and cold idle seams was out adjust your hot and cold idle screws on the TB until you have it where you want it.

Best to have cold idle of 1500 - 2000 then hot idle just over 1000

I assuming you have got the PFC set to STOCK MAF? not something like RB or Z32 if you are running the stock MAF

drifter

Reaction score
Country
There's also a part of the programming to make the ecu learn the idle which make a difference :) It has to be done through the laptop

Reaction score
Country
There's also a part of the programming to make the ecu learn the idle which make a difference :) It has to be done through the laptop
most PFC have self learning with the idle, its just not very good at it.......... and you end up having to adjust it heaps anyway, PFC self learn takes about half an hour of around town driving, poor really

drifter

Reaction score
Country
most PFC have self learning with the idle, its just not very good at it.......... and you end up having to adjust it heaps anyway, PFC self learn takes about half an hour of around town driving, poor really
You have to sit at idle for 10 mins, then turn on the rear de-mister for another 10 mins, then the air con for another 10 mins to set the idle before you drive it :)

It's definitely helped mine after a few tweeks like new cams, you just need the datalogit software so that you can go in and tell the ecu to re-learn the idle.

Reaction score
Country
My pfc was lerned 4 times(cold learn, warm learn, hot kearn....i tried all variants) - same result, high cold idle and 1500 neutral idle