What's new

Boot ajar sensor

Reaction score
Country
does anyone know where this is located in the boot? I think mine is on the blink because i have the open door light on the dash even when everything is closed and when the car is turned off the light is still on in the boot and the ring around the ignition barrel, needless to say its killing my battery so have to disconnect it every night :(

Reaction score
Ok, if you look at the boot latch inside your boot there is a flat black switch on the left hand side of the latch...You can put your finger on it and press it in to see if the spring is working...It might be an earthing issue as well

Reaction score
Country
if it is an earthing issue, (i suspect it is because the back end has been apart) what earth would I be looking for? I know that's a very broad question but making head and tail of wiring diagrams of the car isn't my strong point...but I'm learning slowly lol

Reaction score
Country
Right, ive fiddled with the switch and moved the earth that is near it to a different place but still no difference. There is a relay on the RHS of the boot, does anyone know what its for?

Also plugged the rear number plate light in as i heard that can affect the rear lights working....wrong theryre still not working :( lol