What's new

Headlight bulbs

Reaction score
Country
So here in NZ it's illegal to have aftermarket HID kits fitted but my cars previous owner has done it anyway.

Question:

To remove the hid kit and return to stock, do I just need to buy a standard H1 for an s15? Is there any special little metal tab thing that holds it in? Luckily it seems he did use a kit and the original spade connectors are still intact.

Unfortunately he didn't go to the effort of cutting a hole in the back covers for the wires and the inside of my headlights look terrible now. But I can fix that later. Might do a bake and polish one day if I can be bothered

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
"Apparently" In the uk its illegal to have HID on cars without adjustable headlamps and also self adjusting headlamps. However people do it and our cops or MOT stations dont even notice!

However not sure what NZ 5/0 is like sooooo sorry for not being any help.

Reaction score
Country
Literally just got failed on it, among other things so Yea.

I'm not bothered though, I can understand why. They'd be an absolute c**t to look into for incoming traffic. The ballasts make my engine bay look ugly so I'd rather be rid of them

Reaction score
Country
This proved to be a very easy to answer noob question. Yes, you can buy an H1 bulb and put it straight in. Those clips are a bastard though.

No, you cannot trust supercheap autos headlight bulb manual. I got H7s because that's what it said for low beam. Turns out after going back that their book had them the wrong way around