What's new

What are these lambda sensors like?

Reaction score
So I've been having issues with the car running a bit rough lately and after noticing this morning that she drank a lot of petrol on a relatively short drive I've come to the conclusion that it must be the Lambda. I will of course comfirm this before I purchase a new one but can anyone tell me what these sensors are like? Do they last an acceptable length of time? Are they difficult to wire in?

http://www.gendan.co.uk/product_O23WIRE.html

Is it safe to unplug the lambda when the car is running to see if it improves the rough warm idle that the car is suffering from?

Thanks!:thumbs:

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Dave

I used one of these a few years back and it only lasted about 12/18 months. This might have been a dodgy batch, also you have to solder on the old connector. for a bit more you can get one from Horsham Developments with the right connector, that one has lasted me 4 years so far.
Als

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
To check it, the best way is to see if the car is still running rough off idle. >2k rpm.
Or use Nissan Datascan to see if the sensor is giving you an output to ecu. It should continuously sweep back and forth between 0 and 1.

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
Should have said If the lambda is the problem you will only have a rough idle
Below 2K rpm.

Reaction score
Cheers for the reply! Ya she idles fine at 1500 when she's cold but as soon as she heats up it's idling rough. I get strange hesitations when driving also. I find that's it's a bit down on power and definitely drinking fuel. My lambda went in August 2012 so I got a 2nd hand one from another s15 and it's lasted me this long so I can't really complain. I must look up the Horsham developments one. Or would you have a link to the correct one?
Thanks again dude!

edit: this one I assume? http://www.h-dev.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=135

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yup that's the one cheers for that. Just unplugged the lambda there and waiting for it to heat up and see if it still idles like a bag of ****. Just starting to heat up now and she seems to be idling much better without it.