What's new

How to rewire 12v socket?

Reaction score
Country
I like to use my 12v socket for my air compressor but the wiring is not there... anyone give me advice on how to rewire it up? Theres 1 red wire going to it (illumination?) but 2 empty terminals, I can see 1 wire which seems to be being used for something else (guessing the gauges or boost controller) but no 2nd wire. All the wires & connectors for that loom are in the photo, no wires tucked back or anything.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
Just connect a live to the terminal that is the centre contact on the lighter outlet then a ground wire to the terminal that is on the outside of the socket, the ground can be connected to the metal framework behind the radio. You can either tap onto the ignition plug for a live or the battery itself with a fuse - the radio wiring is very crappy gauge so I wouldn't use that.

Reaction score
Country
The socket / plug has both connectors in one block, it's separate to the rest on mine. Definitely not hidden underneath somewhere?

Reaction score
Country
I take it this is the bit you mean? I think its being used for the boost controller or gauges. If not I have no idea. I did not flick the switch its how it was when I pulled it out, it looks like its switched to the side that isn't even wired?

Last edited: