What's new

Dmax LED rear light issues

Reaction score
Country
Nothing is ever easy.. I know these units are supposed to be plug and play however, my car had a different set of led rears on (yashio) and the connections are different. I've put some pictures below of the loom only car, the back of my old lights and the back of the dmax ones. I'm useless with wiring and all that jazz so if someone could let me know what I need to do to get them fitted that would be great!

Pic of the loom on the car:

pic of the old lights:

pic of the dmax lights:

Reaction score
Country
Shorty on here had the same issues with mismatched connecters. The only solution if you want them to work is cut of the connectors at both sides and crimp the cables through.

Reaction score
Country
I was just coming on to put about this too. just got mine through and noticed this problem. Also look at the connection where the bulbs are ment to fit. They wont go in as the whole doesnt match the bulb bit.
So the solution will have to be change connector and then make the holes for the bulbs to fit properly?

Are yours genuine dmax?

Also did you test fit yours yet?

Last edited:

CMR

Reaction score
Country
The connector you have on the car loom isn't a standard fitting or at least not one I have seen on an S body before.

The dmax one you have in your hand is the proper connector. You just need to cut your one off and either solder or crimp the wires, or buy one of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FKU-Socke...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item41750af890

And solder that on to your loom and basically plug the dmax connector into that.

CMR

Reaction score
Country
It looked to be in the picture that you had only one "dodgy" connector and the other two looked ok. One is a dual 7443 bulb for brake/sidelights, one 7440 sidelights, the indicator and reverse/fog bulb which I can't remember the bulb number.

Reaction score
Country
Mine were bought from RHD Japan but ye I remember the connections on my old S15 would have suited. I'm guessing the loom on mine was changed to suit the Yashios or something? I'm going to be cutting and soldering today so will be sorted!

Reaction score
Country
what you doing about the wrong shape holes that the bulbs fit in?
So your just going to put a 2 new connectors onto the loom?