What's new

Nistune on Spec S

Reaction score
First off I haven't a clue about ECUs so i don't know if it even exists for Spec S. Did a bit of looking online and couldn't find out anything solid.
So firstly is there such a thing as Nistune for a spec s NA?
Is it worth doing? What power increases etc?
Whst kind of money would the set up be?

mattyb

Reaction score
Country
I should imagine it would be about the same price to chuck a DET in

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Have a word with someone like Greg at Protuner or jez at Horsham developments .
Rough price for a nistune fitted and mapped is £600
Jez does his own boards that are cheaper but only he can map. I would give one of them a shout ,I'm sure they will be able to tell you if they do an ecu for your car and what you could expect gain wise. All cars can be mapped ;)
Tbh i agree with the above though, det would be the easy route for more power if that is an option for you?

Reaction score
Country
I think that the price would out weigh the benefits tbh. If you have the know how it would be much more worthwhile to do an engine swap. It shouldn't cost a lot more but will give you vastly greater future potential..

Reaction score
Country
they way ive always seen it....... for light Jap rwd cars

if you want a tuned NA rwd you may as well go buy a S2000 as thats NA perfection
otherwise for the same factory power output a Spec R is the way to go for boosted options

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
There's on guy called Stiv on SXOC that does Nistunes in Ireland but IIRC I spoke to him about it when I had mine and as above there was no real benefit considering the cost of it, plus you would really want to also port and polish the head and get an aftermarket exhaust manifold to see any real performance gain and at that rate you'd have fitted and upgraded a SR20DET for less and got much more out of it!!

Plus if you did that now and chose to go down the DET route later it's wasted money & effort as the R ECU is different...

Reaction score
Well that answers my question. Won't be going down that route haha! DET it is if i ever go looking for more power. Thanks for the responses.