What's new

Brake/tail: 7443 (21W/5W) ISSUES!!!

Havoc

Reaction score
Country
Hi Guys,

Right this has been f****** me off for quite a while now so wanted know if anyone of you guys had this issue or a resolve for it?

So.. I have a never ending issue with my brake light bulbs ever since I replaced the factory bulbs.
Basically where the car is more rigid and all drifty and rattles like a bisnitch yardy yarda yaa the bulbs start to work there way loose causing them to not illuminate when braking and then further completely stop working after a while until I take the lights back out and push the bulbs back in....

Now I think I’ve tried every type of 7443 / r580 / t20 (21W/5W) or whatever you want to call them on eBay going and can’t seem to find any that are a good fit and dont eliminate this problem. I’ve even tried gluing/silicone them in but to no prevail as this only made them last a little longer :annoyed:

Anyone come across this and have a solution or know of a good make of bulb close to the ones that were supplied by nissan as, as daft as it seems must be better made then any I could find?

If not I’m just going to buy some LED 50/50's

Cheers, Matt.

Havoc

Reaction score
Country
There dmax 50/50s but the standard factory light fittings are still utilised they don't change fella.

" @mrkerr #catchmydrift @downside_apparel #teamdsa "

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
Sounds like you have tired bulb connectors. I have this with the front NS side light on mine. I have to keep pushing it back in. Id defo go for LED tail lights!

Reaction score
There dmax 50/50s but the standard factory light fittings are still utilised they don't change fella.

Maybe not, but you are having issues that I haven't had with 10 years of stock tail lights...just saying..

Havoc

Reaction score
Country
Maybe not, but you are having issues that I haven't had with 10 years of stock tail lights...just saying..
My car is solid mounted everywhere this is probably the only reason...

The stock tail lights have the same screw plug type fittings as the dmax ones so no new ones or rewiring has to take place.

Question was mainly to see where people get there bulbs from as Nissan don't sell them hear and neither do motor factors as they all look pretty ****ty made no matter where I buy them from online.

Probably just have to spend the case and get the LED ones to be honest I just no when I do that I'm going to smash them straight off haha.