What's new

S15 not starting

Reaction score
Country
Hey guys, got a strange issue. If you didnt know my ecu was cut out at the docks, well its all been sorted now and the car is working, but I am having a strange issue. If I dont disconnect the battery after I get out of the car, it wont start. The starter motor cranks the car but it wont fire, I have to pump the accelerator to get it to start. If I leave it over night it wont start at all. Now on my old 180sx, when I turn the key I could hear the fuel pump prime, but on this, I have never heard it prime. Should I be able to?

Dan

Reaction score
Yes, I would be checking fuel pump to start with, you should here it prime briefly when you turn the ignition on..

Reaction score
Country
Well once I get it started, the car drives lovely, its like I have to force the fuel into the engine to start it, but once its started its fine

Reaction score
Country
you need a 12v circuit wired from the ON power from your ignition, this needs to go through to a relay, the relay will then open a full direct fed battery 12v 15amp circuit. if you dont understand a basic relay then this is a great time to start.

when you say the ecu was cut out, cut as it where?
as a total worst case and your loom is poked, just get a new one from www.wiringspecialties.com
I personally would just pay for a complete loom then drive yourself crazy pissing around with a cut loom