What's new

Gauge mounts

like gauges this way

• Total voters
P

pikie

I just fitted two gauges to my s15 A pillar, an air fuel ratio and a boost. I thought I might post what it turned out like as I was very happy with the result. I looked at removing the vents but I decide I liked airflow more and I looked at the A pillar pods and I didn?t like the bulk or the original type so I did it this way.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I, personally, would have bought a JDM A Pillar trim with the pod and put one in there and the other in a vent (see photos in my Member's Rides thread). However, you've done a great job fitting those :thumbs: Very tidy.

BTW, how have you plumbed your A/F? I wouldn't trust any of the readings if its straight off your stock Lambda. Needs a wideband Lambda in the exhaust... :nod:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I think it lokos pretty nice :)

still prefer a gauge pod though, but as you're having two gauges on the pillar your version might actually look better.
Good to see some different stuff to the common gauge pods. :thumbs:

V

Vandal

I would put them in the air vents. Looks better IMO and attracts less attention from the police. They look pretty good how they're mounted now though.

Reaction score
they do look well done, but i'd be the same as nicely, factory gauge trim, then mount the other elsewhere! :)

like i say though, top work :)

P

pikie

Nicely said:
I, personally, would have bought a JDM A Pillar trim with the pod and put one in there and the other in a vent (see photos in my Member's Rides thread). However, you've done a great job fitting those :thumbs: Very tidy.

BTW, how have you plumbed your A/F? I wouldn't trust any of the readings if its straight off your stock Lambda. Needs a wideband Lambda in the exhaust... :nod:
I agree a wide band is far better! but I have fitted A/F gauges to my other cars with heated style senders like the stock s15 has with after market management and they have been very accurate to wide band results until say 7+ psi then they just cover vague lean to rich. The strange result from my car is normally with stock ecu setups the A/F gauges will read a constant tune cycle between optimum to lean but mine is reading very smooth optimum then to lean once been driving for over 10 minutes but the car has a sweet mixture I can feel it the way it is running. i have checked the wiring and even tested a gauge off my other car, so I think my sensor is shagged! The other issues are my car only gets max 450kms from a tank on 98 ron fuel and that is a bit poor.

When have the average s15 owners had to replace there o2 exhaust sensor?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
From experience with S14s, sensor replacement varies from never, to 60+ miles / 100k+ km.

I hear what you're saying about the A/F reading, but 7psi is stock boost. If you want to push it beyond, its going to be a problem. Horsham Developments (Jez on here) maps S14 and S15 ECUs and wouldn't consider using the stock Lambda. He says the difference at higher boost levels is vast.

J

Jordan

Very well fitted mate... but i gotta agree with nicely and Dazz, the gauges look SO COOL in the air vents :D

Reaction score
Country
I think it's pretty good the way you installed yours but I wouldnt want to park anywhere dodgy. Lowlifes like to steal ****s like this.

I think my o2 sensor is rooted as well. Not sure though but it seems to backfire after the car warms up and not before? And my fuel consumption is even worse than yours. Full tank for only 350km.

B

baynz

out of curiosity whats the standard fuel consumption, for a standard s15?

Reaction score
Country
Full tank can go anywhere between 450 to 500km.

The thing I notice bout jdm and audm s15 is the fuel gauge. Once you turn off, it drops to E but jdm ones doesnt do it

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I got 28mpg or 340 miles on my last tank. However, I got 23/4mpg on my 100 lepton razz back from Manchester the other weekend :D That's running 280ish rwbhp/210kW...

P

paulphot

I have been as low as 7.4l/100km with lots of highway driving (monthly average) and as high as 11l/100km with city and more spirited driving (monthly average). I'm looking at fitting my front and dump pipe soon so might change sensor whilst there, it's about 100,000km old now.