What's new

What is this?

Reaction score
Country
The wire coming from the sump plug? I undid the plug with a spanner & now the wire is fkd.

Could it be for this gauge? the battery is also flat now. :cry:

Reaction score
Country
Thanks. I don't intend to race, drift or super tune the car so is it safe to just leave it broken & disconnect the gauge?

Reaction score
Country
I'd get it working if you can. It's nice to know your oil temp to stop you pushing the engine before its up to temp. Yours are nice gauges also so would be a shame to leave it broken.

Reaction score
You can get a new senser off ebay , looks like you have a oil cooler should be a take off point for
Your senser would be a better idea than the sump

Reaction score
Country
If you've broken the wire just repair it really nice guages you've got

Reaction score
Country
I thought the 2 gauges were for the intercooler hot & cold pipes.... so whats the other gauge showing me then? The left usually says around 80oc & the right around 60oc.

Reaction score
Country
I take it that to replace the sensor would involve all the oil coming out?

Reaction score
Country
Its broken at the sump plug inside the metal coil around the wire...I realised after I undid the 17mm plug that perhaps I should have undone the smaller 14mm nut of the sensor. If I remove the sensor leaving the 17mm plug still screwed in will the oil come out or is the sensor sitting inside the bit of the plug that sticks out inside the sump?

Reaction score
Country
The oil will still come out. The 17mm has a hole down the middle for the sensor to go down. The coil is just a spring, you should be able to slide it up, revealing the cable, if it has any cable hanging out you can repair it, if it's flush, youll need a new one.

Reaction score
Country
For what it costs you might as well drain and replace the oil and replace the sensor. Fairly easy job so shouldn't cost a fortune even if a garage do it for you.

Reaction score
Country
I just put titan race pro S oil in, wasn't cheap. I think I can manage with just the water temp gauges until the next oil change.